Serenade 7108?

We're very likely to book a spring 2011 cruise on Serenade. We're gonna do a balcony this time.....last time we did RCCL it was also Serenade, and we did a D1 on deck 9, suite 9580. Well, there is a D1 on the back of the hump available, 9594, which is starboard. But I like to be lower for reasons of ships motion and to be closer to the atrium. There is an E2 available, 7108, which is on the port side (I've heard portside staterooms are better for views and such) and which has a huge balcony. However, it is close to the elevators and steps, and also seems to be above a non public area (perhaps a galley or something?). So, does anyone have any insight on this stateroom, namely, is it noisy, or is deck 7 too low to enjoy the view from the balcony? I figure there's a reason that it's cheaper, perhaps other than the fact that it's smaller. Should I go with the D-1 on deck 9?

Thanks in advance for anyone's input.:)

Neither port nor starboard have an advantage regarding views...it's a 50/50 chance of seeing what you want....and the side the ship will dock towards is different from time to time, and place to place.

Thanks everybody for your time and trouble. I ended up reserving 9576. The balcony is not as large but it's in a quiet spot (two forward from where we sailed in 07) and I'd rather be facing forward than aft.

Hey, alicam, I noticed from your signature, you're going from a pretty small ship to a big one on your future cruise. I'd like to try one of the bigger ones but I require at least 4 port stops on a seven nighter.

Anyway, thanks all. :)

Thanks everybody for your time and trouble. I ended up reserving 9576. The balcony is not as large but it's in a quiet spot (two forward from where we sailed in 07) and I'd rather be facing forward than aft.

Hey, alicam, I noticed from your signature, you're going from a pretty small ship to a big one on your future cruise. I'd like to try one of the bigger ones but I require at least 4 port stops on a seven nighter.

Anyway, thanks all. :)

haha...yes...we tend to jump around with regards to ship sizes...doesn't really matter as long as we're cruizin' right??? lol

Archived