Legend 5/9/2010 review with pics

ChuckLL

Thanks ChuckLL for such a great review! We're deciding between the Legend & the Valor for October. They go to the same ports so it's just a matter of picking one - easier said than done, of course, but your review made the Legend sound like a great choice.

Panasonic FZ35. I've been very happy with it. It also shots pretty good video.

I am quite impressed with the PQ, level of detail and how vivid the pictures look.

Were most pictures taken with 'automatic' setting or did you use manual settings?

Thank you so much for the FunTimes!

I hate to ask for more, but do you have the one from Thursday May 13? I've noticed you have posted for all the days but that one (or I missed it!)

Thanks again!

Crystal

I am quite impressed with the PQ, level of detail and how vivid the pictures look.

Were most pictures taken with 'automatic' setting or did you use manual settings?

Most were taken in Program (P) mode, but since I'm pretty much photography ignorant I think the only setting I really messed with was limiting the ISO to 200. Some of the beach pics were taken in "Beach" mode and most of the sunset pics were taken in "Sunset" mode.

What really amazed me with the camera was the zoom. Below is a photo taken from the balcony. The left portion is with no zoom. The right is with extended zoom.

P1010158.jpg

Thank you so much for the FunTimes!

I hate to ask for more, but do you have the one from Thursday May 13? I've noticed you have posted for all the days but that one (or I missed it!)

Thanks again!

Crystal

I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Apparently it was left on the ship. Sorry.

If I'm on your cruise you have my full permission to point and laugh at the poor gray-haired redneck in blue jeans who is trying to figure out all the utensils. I won't care. Know why? Because if I'm there it means I'm on a cruise.

And if you're pointing and laughing at the bald redneck in blue jeans who is trying to figure out all the utensils, that would be my DH. He won't care, either. :D

Here are links to a couple more slideshow videos from our cruise.

The first is of Belize. Since we really didn't do anything here it is mostly a few shots from the ship and the tourist village along with video of the tender ride.

This one is some of the sunrises and sunsets.

Thanks Chuck for an awesome and entertaining review!! We love the Spirit class of ships and are thinking of re-cruising the Legend as we have never been to Roatan.

I'm wondering if you were able to have my cruise favorite desserts: Bitter & Blanc and the White Chocolate Bread pudding??

K

Thanks Chuck for an awesome and entertaining review!! We love the Spirit class of ships and are thinking of re-cruising the Legend as we have never been to Roatan.

I'm wondering if you were able to have my cruise favorite desserts: Bitter & Blanc and the White Chocolate Bread pudding??

K

I did have the Bitter & Blanc one night. It was good, but not enough chocolate for me.

What an awesome review. I cant wait for my turn. :cool: Do you still tender in Belize? I think it was mentioned in your review but cant seem to find it. So 2 ports are tendered and 2 ports are docked?

What an awesome review. I cant wait for my turn. :cool: Do you still tender in Belize? I think it was mentioned in your review but cant seem to find it. So 2 ports are tendered and 2 ports are docked?

Yep. Belize and Grand Cayman are tendered. Cozumel and Roatan are docked.

• 1 year later...

Archived