Review of May 8th - May 15th,Voyage #24

I folks, I am going to be doing a review. I am going to be doing it in pieces. First the schedule of main activities so you can plan your schedule of shows.

Day 2, Formal dinner, Captain's night and reception. This is a very formal evening. Many people in tuck's and gowns. I have never seen so many

Day 3, Love and Marriage game - 10:30 to around midnight. The auditions are at 10:30 and game at 10:45

Day 4, Adult Quest, 11:45pm, yes, close to midnight. Doors open at 11:15

Day 5, 70's Disco Party in Royal Promenade, This starts at 11:30pm with a concert

Day 6, next formal night and Lobster night.

These are the most important and big events. This was a great cruise and a wonder of a ship. I thought everything about this ship was great. I spend most of my evenings before and after the events and shows in the Schooner Lounge. The current piano player is Paul O'Shea. He will be there until July. He is great.

I found the food in the Opus dining room to be very good. The attire was tasteful. I don't think I saw very many people wearing shorts or jeans. Like I said before, the first formal night, was very formal.

Thanks for the beginnings of what I'm sure will be a very helpful review.

Question on The Quest - did you watch or participate? For those that played, did they come prepared?

I about pee'd my pants the first couple of times I saw The Quest (I've never participated), but then contestants started coming prepared with 'props', ready to go. It really took away from the overall enjoyment of the game.

Thanks again. Looking forward to reading more. I finally talked my sister into going with me on either Oasis or Allure next year.

I participated some. I was in the front row. Ken Rush was great in this, but I hear he is leaving soon and Richard Spacey is coming back. I think most people, it was ad hoc.

Continuation of Review:

I at in the dining room every night and most mornings. I ordered rooms service for the mornings we were landing in St. Martin and St. Thomas. The room service was very good and prompt. They would give you a call when they were ready to come down. I thought the food in dining room was very good and tasty. I had no complaints.

I ate in the Windjammer only once for lunch. I ate in the Wipeout cafe a few times. The Wipeout is located right by the pool. It had hamburgers, hot dogs, small sandwiches, fries and other things including frozen yogurt. The food there wasn't too bad. Oh, I forgot, they also had pizza there.

I went to all the shows. They were all excellent. The night I saw the Aqua show they were having major problems with the music software as it was constantly shutting down. Otherwise, it was great. It is amazing to think these people could dive into such a small pool from such hights. The Come Fly with me show was great. It had great music acrobatics and acting. It was a Cirque style show.

I hung out in the Schooner Lounge everynight. It was my favorite place, the piano player Paul O'Shea was excellent. It was much fun.

I never really felt crowded on this ship.

I spent everyday at the pool. On sea days, there were always plenty of chairs available. I think I stated somewhere else on this site that they instituted a new rule. You were only allowed 2 towels per card. if they were not returned, your account was charged $20 per towel. This pretty much eliminated chair hogging.

Thanks for the beginnings of what I'm sure will be a very helpful review.

Question on The Quest - did you watch or participate? For those that played, did they come prepared?

I about pee'd my pants the first couple of times I saw The Quest (I've never participated), but then contestants started coming prepared with 'props', ready to go. It really took away from the overall enjoyment of the game.

Thanks again. Looking forward to reading more. I finally talked my sister into going with me on either Oasis or Allure next year.

Ken Rush actually made a comment that no one better have come prepared with a bag of stuff that they knew was in the Quest lol!

Cooncat....great start to a great review. We, too, were also on this sailing. Thought that most of the shows and the comedians were great (especially the first comedian). Really liked Come fly with me and Frozen in Time. Food was good....loved Chops and really liked Giovanni's. We had My Time Dining, but were placed with the same server each time, who was awesome! We, too, went to the Schooner lounge at least 3 nights of the cruise. Paul O'Shea was awesome. Now we need to find a great piano bar back home (unfortunately, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale is more about the clubs). The Quest was great!!! My husband was actually one of the team captains. I thought Ken Rush was really good as well. We had a great cruise experience. Some things could have been improved upon (some of the Windjammer food selection/type and having to search for a table in there, some of the staff although friendly acting "clueless" at times). However, I think that is the case with any ship. Finding a lounge chair was never a problem. Did 2 excursions-mountain biking in St. Thomas and Tree Top Farms Ropes/Zip line course in St. Marteen. Both were excellent. We really did have a great time and thought the Oasis was awesome. Planning to sail Celebrity Equinox in Europe next July, as Royal (or NCL which we often frequent) doesn't offer the itinerary we would like.

Some more thoughts.

It is important to prebook your shows. If you don't, you will have to wait in long lines in hopes of getting in. I did and walked right in and passed the crowds, it was wonderful.

I didn't go wondering around the ship, but I heard it was a great to go wondering.

I did do the Merry-to-round. That was fun. You no longer need to make reservations for the zip line and other activities, just go and do them.

Checking in and checking out was the easiest of all ships I have been on. It went so fast. It is amazing, considering how many people are on it. And in port, I had no problems with long lines leaving the ship. It was so easy.

Would I do this ship or her sister again, in a heartbeat! I think you all would fall in love.

Some more thoughts.

It is important to prebook your shows. If you don't, you will have to wait in long lines in hopes of getting in. I did and walked right in and passed the crowds, it was wonderful.

I didn't go wondering around the ship, but I heard it was a great to go wondering.

I did do the Merry-to-round. That was fun. You no longer need to make reservations for the zip line and other activities, just go and do them.

Checking in and checking out was the easiest of all ships I have been on. It went so fast. It is amazing, considering how many people are on it. And in port, I had no problems with long lines leaving the ship. It was so easy.

Would I do this ship or her sister again, in a heartbeat! I think you all would fall in love.

regarding the zip line, you don't need to get in line and get a bracelet? you just go right to the zip line area to get harnessed? do they check to see that you've signed the waiver?

Archived