Journey - 9th May Athens to Rome

pollyp

Just back from 7 nights on the Journey – Greece/Turkey cruise and had a great time.

This was our first time on the Journey but we have cruised twice before on the Quest in 2009 & 2008 (just after the line was launched). Really enjoyed both our previous experiences of Azamara and this cruise was no difference.

Highs

V.quick & easy embarkation/disembarkation

Cabin was v. clear and well prepared (better than all previous cruises) and no sign of pre departure prep. For next passengers

Food - buffet & main dining room food was pretty good, Aqualina was excellent (just wish they would change the menu occasionally)

House wines – all drinkable (better than anticipated) & generously served

Complimentary water, soft drinks & Cova coffee – coffee was excellent, a small selection of ‘tasty bites’ were always available in the Cova, tea showed a $2 charge on the menu but this was never levied. It was good to be able to go out for the day & pick up a bottle of water as you exited the ship, have a cola by the pool etc.

Service – excellent in all areas – the ship wasn’t close to full occupancy (think ~400) so maybe this contributed to the great service. The staff seemed more experienced than on previous cruises.

Elite (Discoverer) members all benifits as stated on the website including a generous internet allowance – free $99 package per member, laundry bag per cabin, senior officers party plus additional captain club benefits which included a couple of happy hour events (didn’t attend as always too early in the evening for me)

Due to the OBC allowance (offer at time of booking) no bill to pay at the end of the cruise

Last but by no means least our fellow passengers who were all friendly & very polite

Lows

V. Rough seas on the last day but that’s not in Azamaras control!

Bedding – duvets, mattress, pillows need improving to be on parity with most 5 star hotels

Complimentary bubby for Elite members was dreadful (to my taste)

I’m pretty fussy but struggled to find much to fault.

I think it was our best AZ experience to date. I personally feel it’s not a top end 5 star experience more a really good 4.5 however I felt the price I paid with the OBC etc. offered good value.

We are considering the Quest Oct. 2011. We would be booking an inside cabin. I think I read that the perks don't apply to them. Am I wrong? Like the wine at lunch and dinner, OBC, free laundry and discount on tours. Are they any that do apply to an inside cabin passenger?

We are considering the Quest Oct. 2011. We would be booking an inside cabin. I think I read that the perks don't apply to them. Am I wrong? Like the wine at lunch and dinner, OBC, free laundry and discount on tours. Are they any that do apply to an inside cabin passenger?

That is not correct all apply to inside cabins.

What you might be confused with is, AZ is currently offering a 500USD OBC for ocean view or higher bookings

Archived