Day before departure-Best Hotel?

mrsd2fan

• 2 weeks later...

We wanted to stay in OSJ so that we can just walk around the day before the cruise - arriving 2pm on Saturday. But I'm looking at the Radisson for one night pre-cruise because we may be able to use our points for it and get it free or very cheap, but then we'll have to take a cab to OSJ. It seems to have good reviews. Any cruisers have advice on this?

Just went through Priceline for our Nov cruise and bid $98 and got the Caribe Hilton! It is absolutely stunning. Very happy with the outcome of bidding :)

Would you mind sharing what inputs you used when bidding?

Hi

Once on the page of bidding, click on "San Juan" only.

Then click on " Resorts" only

Put in your bid and click

Give them all of your info. plus your credit card info.

Then wait.............within minutes, you will have a respond.!

Mine said: Your bid has been accepted by the Caribe Hilton

Then...all the information and details will be shown

That's it. Good Luck!

The parts above about bidding on multiple rooms has been very helpful since we need 3-4 rooms (depending on if one brother and his wife stay in room with our parents). I was not sure if we could even bid on multiple rooms until I saw that.

But one of the rooms needs to be two nights and the others one night. Can priceline handle that sort of split? Or if we make it two bid processes at same rate and category (for one room/one night and 3 or 4 rooms next night) I wonder what the chances of getting same hotel would be. Not the end of the world if we have to move to join the rest of the group but not prefered either. Dad is paying for all for the one night so bidding on the extra night for us might be better anyway since that could go on our card.

One other factor... cruise leaves on Saturday so the nights are Thur and Fri. I am wondering too if being more mid-week that Thur. night stay might run into more chance of being somewhere else at same rate. We may just have to take our chances and see. The price of saving a bit I suppose.

Archived