camp Carnival for toddler that turns 2 week of sailing

gt1701a

I've tried to do a search and look for this information. I've also emailed carnival and I am waiting to hear back from them.

We are contemplating going on a cruise 10/30/2010. My youngest son would turn 2 on the cruise on 11/3/2010.

Will they allow him to participate in all camp carnival activities (starting on 10/30/2010)? Or does he have to wait until he actually turns 2 which is basically the last full day at sea. I'm not looking to send him there for hours at a time just an hour here and there. But it would be helpful if I didn't have to wait until the last day.

Thanks for your help!

Technically, they will not allow him to participate in Camp until his official birthday. However, we did sail with our daughter who wasn't quite two, and they did make an exception (couple of weeks too young). But, the Camp was very slow (February cruise) and it was at their discretion. The only sure way is to wait until after birthday, or don't count on Camp until he turns 2.

I would check w/carnival directly and if you get the answer you like- would get it confirmed in writing so you don't have problems on sailing. I was told no use of services unless at the appropriate age on date of sailing. I was even told that the child would not be able to use Camp Carnival even the last 2 days once birthday occurred. We chose to pick different dates

I checked with the Camp Carnival staff on this IN PERSON. If he turns 2 ON THE SHIP, then the day he turns 2 is the day he can participate and not a moment sooner.

So if you sail on a Saturday and he turns 2 on a Wednesday then he can't join the Camp until that WEDNESDAY. They were adamant about this.

They said it had to do with the insurance liability. They can only insure 2 year olds, not almost 2 year olds. ;)

So, if going to camp for the entire sailing is important to you, move the sailing to the following week.

Archived