Ideas for excursions for 16 mo, 9 and 10 yr old

blondi_21

We're going on the Carnival Glory end of January 2011 to the Eastern Caribbean. My parents are coming with us and my younger siblings who will be 9 and 10 time of sail. My hubby and our son is coming also who will be 16 months when we sail. We're going to Nassau Bahamas (7-2), St Thomas (10-6) , San Juan Puerto Rico (7-3:30) and Grand Turk (11-5:30). What are the excursions to take at these ports that arent thru the Carnival? Carnival is kinda expensive for everyone. Is it worth going to the Atlantis Resort in Nassau? Any fishing excursions in any of these ports (for my dad)? Neither of us ever been on a cruise or any of these ports. My hubby has been on the Princess to Riveria Mexico. If anyone been to any of these ports and has suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

We had been scheduled for St. Thomas, and were going to do Coral World and Blackbeard's Castle with 5 children, 15 mo - 12 yrs. We ended up changing sailings/itineraries a bit. Now, we're going to San Juan instead, and will be doing the Junior Ranger Program through the National Park Service.

Both islands, I had Googled ways to do these on our own so that we had the flexibility to accommodate the 15 mo old. and her schedule.

I haven't researched the other islands, but maybe that will give you a start. We'll probably take one day (maybe St. Martin), and make it entirely a beach day, just taking a cab/van from the pier.

Grand Turk has a nice beach right by the pier, and when you have had enough 'beach' you can stroll to Margaritaville, where there is a wonderful pool. EM

What is in Margaritaville? Doesnt sound very kid friendly which I dont mind but my parents are much for margarita's. They dont drink. I heard alot of Margaritavilla on cruise critic. How much is it? Is the excursion through carnival?

Margaritaville is a restaurant/bar...no excursion needed! Just walk there! They have other drinks (both non-alcoholic and booze) than Margaritas!!!!

Aww, that sounds like fun. How far is the Margaritaville away from the pier? Do you know any fishing excursions on Grand Turk by any chance?

Archived