Aukland on a Sunday

t60

We´ll be in Aukland on 31st October...a sunday...will any of the shops be open, what about museums etc What will we be able to do on our own, rather than having to take a ship´s tour on a Sunday?

Sandy

Thanks Yarramar, may have to pick up a few halloween things...any recomendations for a shop?Sandy in Spain

Hi Sandy,

Just across the road from where you dock is the Downtown Shopping Centre.

You will find a store there called The Wharehouse, which will have all you need.

Note: Halloween really isn't the Big Deal in Oz/NZ that it is in the US so the choice of themed items isn't as great. But if you just want a few bits and pieces I'm sure you'll find what you need.

Note: Halloween really isn't the Big Deal in Oz/NZ that it is in the US so the choice of themed items isn't as great. But if you just want a few bits and pieces I'm sure you'll find what you need.

Correct....we were on the Rhapsody at Halloween. I packed my witches hat, pumpkin lolly 'handbag' etc....and noone onboard celebrated, not even a mention of it. When we were in Auckland Jan this year, different cruise, we stayed for a week afterwards. The shopping in the city is great, loved it, and yes the Warehouse, is very good too for any bits and pieces. It is way up on the top floor of the complex that David mentioned. Lots to do in Auckland. Any ferry trip is wonderful, also the Americas Cup boats are very close to port. If I had just one day, I would disembark, walk to ferrys, catch one for a half day, come back into the city, and walk around the sights. Auckland is a lovely clean city. I am going back again.

Jen

Archived