Veendam tendering ???

joie1016

St George is a tendering port. At Hamilton, the Veendam docks right along Front Street.

Thank you. Its been 10 years since we have been to Bermuda and I could not remember. And enjoy your cruise with your hubby. Make sure its not your last.

I just read some member reviews on cruise critic, and it turns out that for the most recent cruise they wound up docking at Hamilton for the entire time because the water was too rough to run tenders.

I was on the May 2nd Veendam to Bermuda. We made it to St. George's but the captain announced while we were eating breakfast that he felt it was too windy to tender so we went directly to Hamilton (which made me happy, although some excusions were canceled). It was great just walking off the ship on Front St and the ferry was right down the street from where we docked and we went to St. Georges anyway that first day.

The powers that be in Bermuda gave all passengers a 1 day bus/ferry pass to use (so we could get to St. Georges).:D

Saw the Veendam heading into Hamilton around 10:15 this morning having skipped the tendering at St. Georges again. We are on the island for 2 weeks and it was lovely to see her passing by in the sunshine...

Archived