Live from the Carnival Victory

DanishDonut

Sort of, she's parked right across the street. DW and I are in hot and humid Dominica right now.

What an amazing cruise and very port intensive cruise, any super quick excursion suggestions for the remaining 4 port of calls? My internet cafe time expires in 20 minutes.

BARBADOS

ST. LUCIA, WI

ST KITTS, WI

ST. MAARTEN, NA

Speaking of cheap internet. Local internet cafe is $2 for 30 minutes vs a lot more per minute on the ship.

Have you considered Cosol in St. Lucia? My DH and I thought it was very much worth the $65pp. You would have to google him and shoot him an email. We did a beach day on our own in Barbados and didn't like the beach, so maybe you would have better luck. We liked the Highlights of St. Kitts and Brimstone Hill Fortress in St. Kitts. Whatever you choose, have fun! We can't wait to sail on the Victory again next Christmas!

St Lucia is actually one port I have covered, sorry I should have deleted that line.

Everyone seems to rave about Spencer and Cosol, I guess I'll book whichever still has room left. I just sent two e-mails to both tour companies.

Any other excursion suggestions for Barbados, St Kitts and St Maarten?

We love snorkeling and would like to keep it around $40 to $65 per person.

We will be onboard the Victory in July. We are looking at Bernards tours or Joyce Prince for St Martin. Both have great reviews here on CC.

Let us know what you decide. And please write a review when you return!

We will be onboard the Victory in July. We are looking at Bernards tours or Joyce Prince for St Martin. Both have great reviews here on CC.

Let us know what you decide. And please write a review when you return!

Isn't that during hurricane season? Were you able to get a good deal? My wife mentioned Joyce but I haven't heard of the other. Thanks for the suggestions!

We'll definitely write a review and of course post pictures after we return and get settled back into our regular routine.

Accra Beach in Barbados. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Thanks I've written that down.

Any others? I'm heading over to the port of calls forum right now to do some reading up.

Danish Donut,

We are sailing on July 4 and hoping that hurricane season will not affect us. Did we get a good deal? IDK - I think so. As long as we have fun, we got a GREAT deal!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Can't wait to hear all about it!

I just did some reading in the Barbados forum and we'll probably go with Shasa or Silver Moon. Gotta see the turles!

St Lucia - Spencer or Cosol, what a tough choice.

St Maarten - Undecided so far it's looking like Joyce Prince or Bernards.

I just extended my internet time, $2 for 30 minutes what a bargain!

Highly recommend Silvermoon if they still have space...basically same excursion as Carnival and about a fifth of the people. Probably my most favorite excursion ever.

I am in the minority but I thought Cosol's tour was just ok. You see lots of the island but felt like a cattle call wherever we went.

Sort of, she's parked right across the street. DW and I are in hot and humid Dominica right now.

What an amazing cruise and very port intensive cruise, any super quick excursion suggestions for the remaining 4 port of calls? My internet cafe time expires in 20 minutes.

BARBADOS

ST. LUCIA, WI

ST KITTS, WI

ST. MAARTEN, NA

Speaking of cheap internet. Local internet cafe is $2 for 30 minutes vs a lot more per minute on the ship.

Hopefully this will get to you before your time expires.

You should be able to find free wifi in St. Kitts....its out in the main shopping area...there should be a big group of ship employees around.

I just did some reading in the Barbados forum and we'll probably go with Shasa or Silver Moon. Gotta see the turles!

St Lucia - Spencer or Cosol, what a tough choice.

St Maarten - Undecided so far it's looking like Joyce Prince or Bernards.

I just extended my internet time, $2 for 30 minutes what a bargain!

Careful, those turtles bite. I got nipped by one in the calf when we were there. Did not break the skin and didn't really hurt. One of the issues that can happen when wild animals associate people with food.

Highly recommend Silvermoon if they still have space...basically same excursion as Carnival and about a fifth of the people. Probably my most favorite excursion ever.

We ended up going with Shasa Catamaran which was nothing short of incredible.

Hopefully this will get to you before your time expires.

You should be able to find free wifi in St. Kitts....its out in the main shopping area...there should be a big group of ship employees around.

Unfortunately that didn't get to me in time but that's our 2nd next stop (after St Lucia), it will be nice to be able to surf the net without paying. It's not so bad here in Barbados, automated internet kiosk is $5 for 30 minutes. Thank you again for the cost effective tip, I wish CC had more posters like you.

Careful, those turtles bite. I got nipped by one in the calf when we were there. Did not break the skin and didn't really hurt. One of the issues that can happen when wild animals associate people with food.

Here in Barbados we saw plenty of turtles which kept their distance, I'd guess the closest they got was around 1-2 feet. Anytime you do a water based excursion a water proof camera is a MUST have!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question - what does DH stand for??

Not a dumb question. At some point everyone had to find out what it stands for. It stands for Dear Husband. DW is Dear Wife, DS is Dear Son, DD is Dear Daughter and so forth..... :)

Not a dumb question. At some point everyone had to find out what it stands for. It stands for Dear Husband. DW is Dear Wife, DS is Dear Son, DD is Dear Daughter and so forth..... :)

That makes so much more sense!! Thank you so much. :) Who knew cruising would have it's own language. Took me forever to figure out what "aft" meant. Duh!

Archived