How did you guys get alcohol on board?

littleboat

Me and my fiance are going on an island cruise in about 4 weeks but don't want to spend loads on booze, so was thinking about putting a bottle in my suitcase, and wondered if anyone had done this before and was successful? Also have people been successful at swapping booze into water bottle to get in on board?? Any tips would help x

Me and my fiance are going on an island cruise in about 4 weeks but don't want to spend loads on booze, so was thinking about putting a bottle in my suitcase, and wondered if anyone had done this before and was successful? Also have people been successful at swapping booze into water bottle to get in on board?? Any tips would help x

We just walked right on with it. We staggered up the gangplank at Lanzarote bent double with booze and cans of coke we'd bought in town.:D If you get it in the duty free shop on IE you have to pick it up on the last night. Also it's for cabin use only, it's not done to smuggle it into the bars. The worse thing that can happen is that they would take it away until the end of the cruise but the security people at the gangplank saw our clinking bags and just waived us through, we didn't even have to scan it. If you're on a higher deck, say 9, you'll get a fridge but everyone gets ice twice a day.

Jan

We just walked right on with it. We staggered up the gangplank at Lanzarote bent double with booze and cans of coke we'd bought in town.:D If you get it in the duty free shop on IE you have to pick it up on the last night. Also it's for cabin use only, it's not done to smuggle it into the bars. The worse thing that can happen is that they would take it away until the end of the cruise but the security people at the gangplank saw our clinking bags and just waived us through, we didn't even have to scan it. If you're on a higher deck, say 9, you'll get a fridge but everyone gets ice twice a day.

Jan

Wot she said. Hic...:D

Same on the Dream at beginning of the month.

Berwyn

Wot she said. Hic...:D

Same on the Dream at beginning of the month.

Berwyn

A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do, lol, when you haven't got AI. Just don't go falling over in the cabin, ouch!! Did you buy extra booze as well as the AI Berwyn? :D:D

Jan

A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do, lol, when you haven't got AI. Just don't go falling over in the cabin, ouch!! Did you buy extra booze as well as the AI Berwyn? :D:D

Jan

Only for prezzies. Limoncello in Italy.

If I've got A.I. not spending extra money on more booze. Even if it was the old limited A.I. on the Dream.

Scrooge?? Who Me? :D

Berwyn

Only for prezzies. Limoncello in Italy.

If I've got A.I. not spending extra money on more booze. Even if it was the old limited A.I. on the Dream.

Scrooge?? Who Me? :D

Berwyn

You'll be going to Poundland next, lol. Have you been watching Casualty?:)

Jan

You'll be going to Poundland next, lol. Have you been watching Casualty?:)

Jan

Good God No!! I'm a nurse. It's like a busman's holiday. I will admit to watching Hospital Heroes on BBC1 after Breakfast time though.

I like Poundland, it's just so busy here whenever I go to town I keep clear.

Berwyn

Don't watch Hospital Heroes much but saw it today. Strange case of the kidney stone outside the bladder!! What's that all about? :eek::eek:

Jan

You taking the pizz :D

No, but I think you are, cheeky!! I tell you what kidney stones are not funny and I should know, ouch!!

Sorry gone off thread.

What's the best buy in the Duty Free shop on IE. I think it's 2 litre bottles of Bacardi for £18.

Jan

Archived