Vancouver Weather

We are supposed to arrive on Thursday for a one day pre-cruise and board the ship on Friday. Weather doesn't look too promising for Vancouver. I know weather changes constantly just trying to get a feel for what y'all think.

its the freaking NW, there is a reason we drink a lot of coffee here :D Expect overcast and rain 8 months of the year, that is why its so green.

Even if it is rainy it is never so bad you cant get out and around and enjoy things like Stanley Park.

Good luck

Actually, Vancouver is the 'freakin" SW for us but yes, it does rain here. That shouldn't

stop you from enjoying your day. The aquarium in Stanley Park is a good bet (and the

fish don't seem to mind the wet). And yes, the forecast is likely to change by the time you arrive. The usual weather observations around here are:-

if you can't see the mountains, it is raining.

If you can see the mountains, it is going to rain.

Enjoy your day no matter what it does.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-74_metric_e.html

Welcome to Vancouver...where anything can happen weatherwise...right now Friday looks like a useable day but we are heading into our Victoria Day long weekend so.... who knows this far out. We have a housefull of family and grandkids arriving for the weekend so we will be hoping for good weather. Here is a link that I prefer to use. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0308

Thanks all. Used to live in Seattle so I am used to the weather in WA and what you guys get in Canada. Just wanted to get a feel for what you thought might happen. Believe me, nothing will be spoiling our visit.

"We have a housefull of family and grandkids arriving for the weekend so we will be hoping for good weather."

Yes I am sure that grandpa and DW would love to let the little ones roll around in the grass and watch the cruise ships sail by than have them tripping over things in the house.

Enjoy your weekend - I know it's only Wednesday but with my advancing memory loss I just thought I would mention it now.

Cheers

Dennis

2 summers ago we just vacationed there for about 10 days in July, cool evenings warm days like 70's, last summer on our way to Alaska in Juy we stayed few days before and after, rainy cool before the cruise and on return a crazy heat wave hot, 80 degrees every day! you never know but we love Vancouver

Archived