Wal Mart snorkel set

joechimo

Also - if the snorkel isn't a "dry snorkel", you may have some problems with it. I failed in my attempts to snorkel [i'm not a strong swimmer nor did I grow up liking the water much] until I got a dry snorkel. Now I love snorkeling! The dry snorkel has a "baffle" in it that keeps water from getting down the tube.

Mask fit is the most important thing. Thing is a mask that say fits me perfectly, might not work for you at all. I would suggest you stop at a local dive shop for more help on fitting a mask. A decent mask at a dive shop starts around $30, they will last a long time. I still have ones I bought back in the 80's. Just store them in a good place. So if you plan to snorkel more than 5-10 times in the next 2-3 years, you might be better getting a nicer mask.

As for your snorkel filling with water, you might have had it connected to the mask wrong. If you attach it to far froward you might have it pointing toward the water, instead of toward your neck. I have snorkel for 100's of hours with many different types of snorkels and never had a problem with water. Again a dive shop should be able to show you how to attach everything properly.

the tusa liberator available at a dive shops are great for fitting most faces. We prefer the dry snorkels but they can be expensive. I too would recommend a dive shop....the stuff will last you for years. At dive shops they also have slap straps for masks that glide over rather than tangle in the hair. Have fun shopping :)

I looked at the US Divers set (mask, fins, snorkel) at Wal-mart today. Very nice for $30 and for someone who snorkels occasionally (like during cruises every once in a while).

I have TUSA equipment for scuba and use it for snorkeling as well. Excellent value.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this may be our only snorkling adventure we went with Wal Mart, I was suprised how well the mask fit.

If we decide to do more crusies we'll upgrade since it's been ablast in the pool with my son,cant wait for the ocean.

Thanks to all for the input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add...I went to Walmart the other night and purchased 2 of their sets of snorkel equipment. They were only $12 and should fit our purpose good enough. This will be the only time we use them, so I wasn't about to spend a lot of money for equipment.

The glass in fog proof and it has the dry-top along with the purge valve. Not too bad IMO. :D

I don't know anything about snorkeling gear and was wondering if these would be any good?

Don't know what brand they have but several years ago we bought body glove sets at sams club and they worked great. after acouple of years thought they might be getting old and decided to buy good ones at the local dive shop. my mask leaks and my husbands dry snorkel clogs andhe cant get any air sometimes. i would recommend trying it in a pool first before you go to make sure it works well.

Archived