Best Ad Suite On The Spirit

pitcairn

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't say when you were going...anyhow we stayed in this suite and loved it. There was some minor vibration that made the glasses rattle on the shelves, I put some tissue underneath, it fixed it just fine. One the last day at sea we had gale force winds, the pocket door between the living room and bedroom banged about, I used a cruise daily to stop that. The ship handled very well in the storm.

Just got off Royal Carib. last month, we stayed in a suite that was priced in the same range. Yes the VOS is bigger and has better artwork, but for the value and comparing the suites, I will be back to NCL and I hope to 9212!

We are considering upgrading to an AD or AC. We loved a similar, aft-facing suite on the NCL Sky last year, but are concerned with being directly below the kid's pool. How is the noise from above? Is the balcony private? Can those above see over onto it? These things could seriously sway our decision. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

The balcony is private, I don't know about the corner cabins, but 9212 is in the center. With the layout no one was able to look below. The noise was minimal, the kiddie pool is set back and not over the balcony. I would guess that if you are going at a time when school is not is session, there would be more noise. The kiddie pool is not that large and is not a late night thing, so sleep won't be a problem. I found this quieter than being on either side of some ships under the adult pool/bar areas.

No other big tips on this suite, we loved it. The views were beyond words, the suite very comfortable.

Lobster night, a long wait in the dining rooms...keep in mind you have a nice table that seats four. You can order your dinner in that night, matter of fact get that nights dinner menu in advance and place your order with the butler earlier in the day. You can order from any menu and have the butler set it up for you. The dinner waits were not bad except for that one night. We didn't preorder and the wait wasn't to bad, and we weren't hustled out of the dining room, other nights are better since everyone scatters about in all the restuarants.

Just bring your suitcases and relax, I would book this suite again in a heartbeat.

Have a great time:)

Thanks.

We had a similar suite on the SKY and loved it. What are the perks (ie: champagne, canapes, CD/DVD, bathrobes, special soaps, etc)?

Who was the butler? I have heard that Maxi is superb!

We will definately be going with the AD!

Just read another post, claimed the vibration to be so bad the couple SLEPT in another suite. I excpect there to be vibration on the AFT of most ships, our fears have been the kiddie pool above.

• 4 weeks later...

You get all the expected perks, special party, some treat every night, very nice soaps. If you do the owners suite, which we did once they include in-suite liquor. Three bottles, even if you are a BIG drinker the added cost for the AA is not worth it.

As for noise, yes there is some vibration. The vibration caused glasses on the shelves to rattle as well as the door between the bedroom and LR. I handled this by putting some tissue under the glasses and folded my cruise news up and stuffed it between the frame and door. That took care of it! I told the crew to leave the tissue where it was.

Other than that the noise was not bad at all. I liked this much better than being on either side of the ship where the adult pool is right above. This is the location of all the parties and people w/o balconies go to yak all night.

So I guess it is a matter of balance and what bugs you. I got used to some vibration a lot quicker than when some partiers pulled a chair up right above our balcony "on another ship" and started up. I am not against parties, but at 3:00 a.m., yelling on deck is inconsiderate :mad:

What I like about the aft on the Spirit is the kidde pool area layout is not that condusive to people wanting to hang out there.

This was as close to perfection as possible, I can't see how anyone could expect not to get vibration in the aft.

Decisions...Decisions...hum;)

Archived