Disembarkation in Dover England

irishjim

My DW and I are going to book a 42 day cruise on the MS Ryndam from Tampa to Amsterdam Holland and would like to disembark in Dover England and spend 3 or 4 weeks with family in Yorkshire but I dont know what the procedure would be to arrange this with HAL? Would they allow this instead of going on to Holland? We would make our own arrangments to fly home to Canada. I would like any advice on this ,Thanks in advance.

Jim. BTW the cruise is in April 2011.

I disembarked 1 day early in Dover, and missed Amsterdam. I needed to clear it with the cruise line, after their review they issued me a statement I would be allowed to disembark in Dover. We only stayed a few days in England, not weeks. This was with Celebrity but I imagine the procedure would be similar. I would start there, you will want to get a written statement showing you have already gotten authorization from the cruiseline to disembark early.

I know it might seem like a good idea to do this but I would factor in how long (and difficult) it is to get from Dover to Yorkshire as against flying from Amsterdam to Leeds or Hull or Sheffield or Durham Tees Valley (depends where you're going to in Yorkshire). I live just North of Yorkshire and we have a cruise from Dover next year and it will be around 8 hours by car (allowing for some delays around London) or 6 hours by train with station transfer whereas a trip to our local airport plus a flight and a transfer to the port in Amsterdam would be 4 hours! G.

Archived