Enchantment of the Seas Cabins 7626 and/or 7628

We just switched a booking from two D2 cabins to two D1 cabins (7626 & 7628). The description RCCL offers for D1 & D2 categories are the same; these particular D1's are smack in the middle of D2's (same with cabins 7128,7126, 7016, 7018, 7516, 7518).

My question: what makes these cabins superior to the cabins adjoining them? What makes 7626 a better (more expensive) cabin than 7624 when they seem to occupy the same amount of space?

PS - I should add: they are adjoining cabins, but so are the D2's next to them, so that can't be the answer.

Good question. Usually when they are on the same deck (and the same size room, features, etc.) it's based on location in the ship. In this case, I can only imagine it's related to the interior room across the hall that has a 3rd/4th pullman available.

However, that is only applicable for the starboard side of the ship. The port side doesn't have that same interior room.

Sometimes you just have to shrug and wonder why. :)

Good question. Usually when they are on the same deck (and the same size room, features, etc.) it's based on location in the ship. In this case, I can only imagine it's related to the interior room across the hall that has a 3rd/4th pullman available.

However, that is only applicable for the starboard side of the ship. The port side doesn't have that same interior room.

Sometimes you just have to shrug and wonder why. :)

Thanks for responding. After no response here for a day I put this q up on Cabin selection tips - only answer says better quality bedding in a D1, but then someone else said there's no difference! I'll find out in about ten days!

Archived