i thinks i got a problem...

Mark down on you calanders that on Tuesday May 25th RCCL took care of the dry dock issue for the week of march 20-27 for the freedon of the seas...they did notify our TA yesterday morning and they came back with 3 offers...option one was the saling on march 6th...NO GO...college kids and a teacher...wrong week for spring brake...option 2...saling on the 27th...NO GO...bad week...we took option 3...move the booking from the Freedom to the Liberty...so we go from a 7 day out of port canavaral to and 8 day out of miami...not concerned about the ports...the better news...we all got to keep our hump balcony cabin selections that we already had picked out on the Freedom and each cabin got a $300 OBC...NOW WE START LOOKING FOR AIR FROM MINNEAPOLIS TO MIAMI ON THE 18TH OF MARCH...we'll do a pre-nite in miami and then head to the pier around 10:30 saturday monring the 19th to board around 11am...

Avigirl...dry dock is when they take the ship out of service for a time period to clean it up that they normally could not do becuase it is out at sea or there are passanger on the ship...it will usually stay at the pier and then the work can start...if it is only for a week then the work is pretty much cleaning it up for the next yr...if it is 2 to 3 weeks then the chnages and the rehab will be more extensive...like replacing carpeting...taking out chairs and tables...and the Freedon will only be out for a week...so the dry dock should only be cosmetic...which would mean very minor rehab and major cleaning...

GLENDALE i agree it makes no sense to take a freedom class ship or any ship out of cycle for dry dock during the winter or spring brake time...the Liberty is going into the same dry dock scenerio but in the middle of january...that makes a little more sense since it is just after the holidays but before the feb and march rush...GO AND FIGURE...i guess that's why they run the cruise line and we are the questioning passangers...everyone is happy...it all worked out...my wife is still a little cranky over the ports...i told her that we can visit a couple of our favorite jewelry stores in st thomas to make her bling bling happy...i have 3 jewelry stores in st thomas that keep sending us x-mas cards for teh last 10 yrs...we'll start with them...

Avigirl...dry dock is when they take the ship out of service for a time period to clean it up that they normally could not do becuase it is out at sea or there are passanger on the ship...it will usually stay at the pier and then the work can start...if it is only for a week then the work is pretty much cleaning it up for the next yr...if it is 2 to 3 weeks then the chnages and the rehab will be more extensive...like replacing carpeting...taking out chairs and tables...and the Freedon will only be out for a week...so the dry dock should only be cosmetic...which would mean very minor rehab and major cleaning...

The most important work during a drydock is below the waterline. The ship will be completely out of the water (dry) over in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island.

Congrats on the solution they offered!

thanks PRC...our favorite cruise line came thru again...I GUESS THAT'S WHY WE KEEP BOOKING WITH THEM...14 TRIPS WITH RCCL AND 4 OTHER MISTAKES IN A 20 YR PERIOD...CRUISING IS G-D'S WAY OF SAYING YOU'VE EARNED IT...

Well, we were on FOS for spring break 2010 - moving up from Disney - and were so pleased that we booked for 2011, only to now be booted. Yes we were offered $200 OBC to switch to a Miami departure, but heck, we got $400 last year for doing nothing! Well they broke my little girl's heart, and since Miami is not our cup of tea, we have to say adios to RCCL for now. Booked onto NCL today...:mad:

Archived