i thinks i got a problem...

i was just notified that the FREEDOM OF THE SEA'S is going to be in dry dock next yr from march 20-27th...guess what...we were booked on that week...6 cabins=13 total people...what are our options going to be and how flexable will rccl be...as a diamond member my wife and i were getting getting a balcony for 725 plus port charges and tax...which i think was another 225 so it was a total of 950 per person...maybe they will move us to the oasis or the allure...ya sure...but it won't be for that price...WHAT DO YOU THINK RCCL WILL DO FOR US...not quite sure why you put a large ship likle freedom in dry dock in march...april or may yes...march ?????...i'm glad we did not by air fare yet...

Sorry about that - I posted that info on your other thread yesterday. I am on Freedom 3/6/11 which was the first published date of the drydock. I am interested as to what they are going to offer you. Did they give you any information at all yet?

i have already had 2 phone conversations with the travel agent this monring and she is trying to contact the group booking manager at rccl...since our reservation was done under the group area of the compnay...she is going to go after the allure and the oasis for the same week same price...and then our 2nd option will be the 8 day liberty but that may also be in dry dock...the week is more important to our group vs the ship or the itinerary...after 14 cruises in 20 yrs this pops up...oh well...

We were booked on the same cruise. RCI is doing nothing right now (or at least that was the case on Monday) for anyone that was on that cruise. We ended up cancelling the Freedom booking and switching to Oasis during the WOW sale. The reduced deposit did not really matter, but I will take the extra OBC since RCI is currently offering nothing to those who were booked on that sailing of Freedom. I was really surprised that they would put Freedom into dry dock for a week that is Spring Break for a large part of the midwest.

We are completely tied to that week because it is Spring Break for my Kids. We also wanted the Carribean western route sailing out of Florida(really wanted Port Canaveral - but that's not gonna happen). In order to get the types of cabins that I wanted and the locations (we are booking 4), I need to book in advance. So, booking now really does work out better for me. If they end up giving those who were on that sailing something - then that is great for all of them.

Why not switch to the Liberty 8 night eastern caribbean Mar 19-26 out of MIA..since this will be the last 8 nighter..we booked this months ago and the prices still look pretty good...We have done this itinerary twice and love it..Good luck and enjoy !!!

i was just notified that the FREEDOM OF THE SEA'S is going to be in dry dock next yr from march 20-27th...guess what...we were booked on that week...6 cabins=13 total people...what are our options going to be and how flexable will rccl be...as a diamond member my wife and i were getting getting a balcony for 725 plus port charges and tax...which i think was another 225 so it was a total of 950 per person...maybe they will move us to the oasis or the allure...ya sure...but it won't be for that price...WHAT DO YOU THINK RCCL WILL DO FOR US...not quite sure why you put a large ship likle freedom in dry dock in march...april or may yes...march ?????...i'm glad we did not by air fare yet...

Why don't you just call and ask?

We are completely tied to that week because it is Spring Break for my Kids. We also wanted the Carribean western route sailing out of Florida(really wanted Port Canaveral - but that's not gonna happen). In order to get the types of cabins that I wanted and the locations (we are booking 4), I need to book in advance. So, booking now really does work out better for me. If they end up giving those who were on that sailing something - then that is great for all of them.

as a parent of a child, I totally hear what you are saying. i was in fear that my sailing was going to be the dry dock week. I am sorry that you have to change your plans. I bet if you have to move to a different ship because of the dates - they will still try to do something to make you happy.

t

Typical of RCCL to do this. They will do nothing for you. Sorry

that is what my agent called it...what she really wanted to call it is a bunch of crap...she was told by someone at the group reservation desk at rccl that they are puting something together to offer those booked on the freedom...for that week...HEY FOLKS AS A DIMAOND MEMEBER OF THE CROWN AND ANCHOR RCCL OWES ME NOTHING...they can do what ever they want...from PR perspective all i want them to do is to honor the rate and cabin location on another ship...oasis...allure or liberty...i would tend to think that they will give me the liberty before the 2 new ships...but i could be fooling myself also...

It happened to me on the Liberty of the Seas for 2011. I was booked out of Florida, but the ship instead is moving to Europe. I was given $200 per cabin OBC for booking on another RCI ship. The deposit of course is simply transferred to the new booking.

when is the liberty going to europe...will it still be in floirda in march of 2011...i heard she was going to Spain...

We are booked on Liberty Mar 19, 2011 her last 8 night eastern...then she does one more western Mar 27, 2011...then she is off to Barcelona Spain..Will return Dec 1, 2011 doing 4 & 5 nighters out of FLL....Where have the 8 nighters gone on any Freedom Class ship..only RCI might know !!

Newest list for DryDocks

Given to me by CC Albert Ross.

Monarch of the Seas 2 - 11 MAY 2011

Majesty of the Seas 1 - 9 FEB 2010

Rhapsody of the Seas FEB 2012

Grandeur of the Seas APR 2012

Legend of the Seas 18-28 JAN 2010

Enchantment of the Seas 19 APR - 1 MAY 2010

Vision of the Seas 20- 30 NOV 2010

Splendor of the Seas 4-14 APR 2010

Jewel of the Seas SEP 2011

Serenade of the Seas FEB 2013

Radiance of the Seas MAR 2013

Brilliance of the Seas APR 2013

Navigator of the Seas JAN 2013

Adventure of the Seas APR 2013

Explorer of the Seas JAN 3- 14 2010

Mariner of the Seas SEP 2011

Voyager of the Seas JAN 2014

Freedom of the Seas 18-25 APR 2010 Now scheduled for March 20-27, 2010

Liberty of the Seas 23 - 30 JAN 2011

Independence of the Seas MAR 2012

If anyone hears any new updates from the Captains, etc while sailing, please post on here and let me know.

Thanks,

Alexis

Please disreguard the above schedule I posted. That one was from September of 2009. This one is from Dec. of 2009.

Here is the latest Dry Dock Schedule from Albert Ross - December 17, 2009.

Please remember that all schedules can and do change without notice

if necessary.

Monarch of the Seas 6-15 MAY 2011

Majesty of the Seas JAN 2013

Rhapsody of the Seas FEB 2012

Grandeur of the Seas APR 2012

Legend of the Seas 10-28 JAN 2010

Enchantment of the Seas 19 APR - 1 MAY 2010

Vision of the Seas 20 NOV - 30 NOV 2010

Splendor of the Seas 4 - 14 APR 2011

Jewel of the Seas 29 APR - 6 MAY 2011

Serenade of the Seas FEB 2013

Radiance of the Seas MAR 2013

Brilliance of the Seas APR 2013

Navigator of the Seas JAN 2013

Adventure of the Seas APR 2013

Explorer of the Seas 3- 14 JAN 2010

Mariner of the Seas OCT 2011

Voyager of the Seas JAN 2014

Freedom of the Seas APR 2011

Freedom of the Seas 18-25 APR 2010 Now scheduled for March 20-27, 2010

Liberty of the Seas 23 - 30 JAN 2011

Independence of the Seas MAR 2012

If anyone has any different information that they hear from the Captains, etc. on the ships, please post me here and let me know.

Thank you.

Alexis

Typical of RCCL to do this. They will do nothing for you. Sorry

We had a similar situation with the Jewel a few years ago and RCI Did Do Something for us, so don't be so quick to be negative. Our TA negotiated with them and we were able to change our Jewel transatlantic reservation for one on the Constellation in a Sky Suite. Others were able to book the later Jewel crossing and the price was protected. We couldn't go on the later sailing and, for us, Bayonne was a better end point than Florida. At least give them a chance to offer some sort of compensation before condemning them outright.:rolleyes:

we are planning to wait but not long maybe a couple of weeks and see what RCCL comes up with...i find it a little strange that they did not notify the TA and i had to be the one that made her aware of this dry docking issue...i am hoping that they will honor the price and the cabin location and move it to either the allure...or the oasis or the liberty...the 19th of march 2011 or the 20 are the keys to all of this...because we have teachers and college students with us...6 cabins and 13 total travelers...

i would like to think that a group of 13 with 6 cabins may hold some water in negotiating and possibly being a diamond memeber...3 of the 13 are diamonds...4 are plats and 3 are golds and the rest are newbie's...i am still going to hold out for a balcony on the either the allure or the oasis...and make the liberty our 3rd option...i am wondering if there is any way to find out how much of the freedon was sold before the decision was made to put her in dry dock for a week...looks like liberty the sister ship is slotted for january of 2011...

i am wondering if there is any way to find out how much of the freedon was sold before the decision was made to put her in dry dock for a week...

I would like to know that as well - but it was nearly a year out. We pick this week every other year to fit the school calendar and there are a lot of schools on Spring Break in the midwest on this week. I hope they will do something for you, especially since you have such a large group. I just did not want to take the chance that I would not be able to get what I wanted on the Oasis. We have only 4 cabins, but in order to get two connecting balconies midship (I am a balcony snob ;)), we had to go a category higher than I wanted. I am just glad that I did not use any frequent flier miles to book flights into Orlando. If you want to use FFM on United at that time of year, you have to book them right when the airfare comes out. I was tempted - but resisted!

Good luck!

i would like to think that a group of 13 with 6 cabins may hold some water in negotiating and possibly being a diamond memeber...3 of the 13 are diamonds...4 are plats and 3 are golds and the rest are newbie's...i am still going to hold out for a balcony on the either the allure or the oasis...and make the liberty our 3rd option...i am wondering if there is any way to find out how much of the freedon was sold before the decision was made to put her in dry dock for a week...looks like liberty the sister ship is slotted for january of 2011...

RC considers 8 cabins to be a group. I'm currently putting together a group for 2012. If I can't fill all required 8 cabins, we will lose our group status and group goodies. Unless of course if your TA can fill those extra required cabins.

Why are you going after such a grand prize with an Oasis or Allure balcony? Don't you think RC would be more accomodating with any other choice?

we are planning to wait but not long maybe a couple of weeks and see what RCCL comes up with...i find it a little strange that they did not notify the TA and i had to be the one that made her aware of this dry docking issue...i am hoping that they will honor the price and the cabin location and move it to either the allure...or the oasis or the liberty...the 19th of march 2011 or the 20 are the keys to all of this...because we have teachers and college students with us...6 cabins and 13 total travelers...

Mike we had a similar problem year ago on Serenade. I swear I was the first to discover the problem while looking at excursions I saw that some ports were missing from our trip. I notified our TA and they called RCCL the next day. Don't worry they came up with a great deal. One for those of us that stayed on the shortened 7 day cruise and one for those that booked another cruise. BTW RCCL dealt with the TA first before notifying those that booked thru RCCL themselves. The reason I know this is we had an active roll call thread. I posted to let everyone know. None of them were contacted until 3 weeks later!!!

Hang in there they will come up with an offer I hope it is a good one. It makes you wonder though why they pick this time of year. It obviously costs them money in the long run not a good money management decision JMHO.

Sue

GLENDALE THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT...i'm sure they will come up with something good...RCCL has always been good to us so i have every reason to believe that they won't disapoint now...KEEP SMILI'N...BE HAPPY

Archived