port canaveral staying local-question Re: transportation

Mommy2Brielle

Anyone back recently From Florida/Bahamas itinerary?

Were taxis readily available at the ship pier to take passengers locally?

Not going to Orlando, just spending the day locally either at beach or renting a hotel room for the day. Need to know if I should book transportation in advance.

Thanks!

thanks for your help...but, I want to know about private taxis!

if I decide to rent a hotel room for the day, the hotel I am thinking of, I dont believe it on that route.

the manager of the hotel suggested a private taxi company, but if I do not need to arrange in advance, I would like to get off the ship at my leisure.

just wondering if taxis are lined up when you get off the ship to make more local stops.

At Port Canaveral go out the doors, to the left is a sign for shuttles to (Ron Jon, Cocoa Beach, Walmart, Mall, etc.) Its an on and off bus for $10 or $15for the whole day.:)

oh GREAT we are in Canaveral for our B2B and were wondering where or what we would do or how we would get around....this is GREAT info...THANKS;)

I believe there are cabs available, although I didn't pay attention when we stopped there since we rented a car for the day. If it were me I would put a couple of cab phone numbers in my cell phone and call when I was ready to disembark. You will be in the states, so if you have a national phone plan the call won't cost you anything.

Archived