Preordering Beer

Woje17

If I preorder a bucket of beer a couple of weeks before my cruise leaves, can I request that it be in my fridge when I get to my room or do I have to call and ask for the bucket at some point during the cruise? Thanks!

Ok thanks! I thought it would be nice to have a beer or 2 on the balcony as we leave port!

Just plunge a couple into your ice bucket as the fridge will not have time to cool them between cabin turnovers.;)

Mike:)

You can call shortly after boarding and have them delivered. Assuming you have ice already (or you can always ask Stewart!) they will cool down quickly enough for sail away. This assumes you board as early as we do of course.

On all my cruises, they would only sell buckets of beer (five for the price of four) from the deck bars... no biggie, just go to a deck bar as soon as you board and take the bucket to your room.

Alternatively, you could pre-order by sending yourself a 'gift' from the Princess web site -

Beer Package

Choose any of the following beers and receive six for the price of five: Beck's, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite.

This would be dumb though... it's more expensive.

We pre ordered on the Sea Princess last year and the vouchers were in our cabin. We just called room service and the bottles were delivered within 5 minutes and were ice cold on arrival in our cabin. Enjoy

On all my cruises, they would only sell buckets of beer (five for the price of four) from the deck bars... no biggie, just go to a deck bar as soon as you board and take the bucket to your room.

Alternatively, you could pre-order by sending yourself a 'gift' from the Princess web site -

Beer Package

Choose any of the following beers and receive six for the price of five: Beck's, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite.

This would be dumb though... it's more expensive.

We've ordered buckets of beer from room service with no problem. We've also pre-ordered them and I'm not sure why you say that it's more expensive. :confused: We aren't charged the 15% gratuity but we tip the person delivering them.

Ok thanks! I thought it would be nice to have a beer or 2 on the balcony as we leave port!

You'll be able to have PLENTY of beers before, during, and after sailaway. As others said, just go to a bar and get the bucket and bring it back to your room. It might be even quicker than ordering from room service. Sometimes turn-around day has room service a little less staffed or much busier. You could even hit the bar before even going to your cabin, as they are open when you board.

Cheers,

Freddie

Pre-order beers you get 6 for the price of 5: Beck's, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite $21.75

If you pre-order you will find a voucher in your stateroom and you just call room service, tell them you have a voucher and they will send it to you.

Bucket of beers 5 for the price of 4: XX or Becks $17.40 or Bud $19

Best bet is to go to one of the Pool Bars which sell Buckets if you want a cool refreshing beer. :D

• 1 month later...
We've ordered buckets of beer from room service with no problem. We've also pre-ordered them and I'm not sure why you say that it's more expensive. :confused: We aren't charged the 15% gratuity but we tip the person delivering them.

Math ... the less you have to buy to get one free the better.

Consider:

Buy 4 (1 free) - after paying for 20 beer (5 buckets) you get 5 free (Pool Bar)

Buy 5 (1 free) - after paying for 20 beer (4 buckets) you get 4 free (Room Coupons Pre-order)

I'll take the extra 5 for 4 gets you and hope this is how it works when I get there :cool:

Math ... the less you have to buy to get one free the better.

Consider:

Buy 4 (1 free) - after paying for 20 beer (5 buckets) you get 5 free (Pool Bar)

Buy 5 (1 free) - after paying for 20 beer (4 buckets) you get 4 free (Room Coupons Pre-order)

I'll take the extra 5 for 4 gets you and hope this is how it works when I get there :cool:

I understand the math, but did you also factor in the automatic 15% gratuity on each bucket when you order them from the pool bar?

I understand the math, but did you also factor in the automatic 15% gratuity on each bucket when you order them from the pool bar?

Oh ... thought you were charged the 15% in the cost for both? If that's the case the math just changed :D Preorder looking better and better.

Have to have a beer and ponder some more.

Isn't there a difference on the size of the bottles depending on where you get it? I know if you get the special at the pool bar (for example) they are 16 oz bottles, and somewhere I was told the ones you order online are 12 oz? Makes a difference in the price.

Oh ... thought you were charged the 15% in the cost for both? If that's the case the math just changed :D Preorder looking better and better.

Have to have a beer and ponder some more.

Yes - buckets of beer at the bar add 15% tip - preorder only a tip for delivery.

Haven't cruised Princess but from the Information I have right now check my Math.

Beer Package

Choose any of the following beers and receive six for the price of five: Beck's, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite

$21.75

If prices haven't changed since Feelin' Nauti's Post.

The attached word has my math.

It looks like you save $.04 to pick up your beer from the bar and carry it back to the room instead of a beer package. (If you tip room service $2.00 for delivery.)

Is my math correct?

Haven't cruised Princess but from the Information I have right now check my Math.

Beer Package

Choose any of the following beers and receive six for the price of five: Beck's, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite

$21.75

If prices haven't changed since Feelin' Nauti's Post.

The attached word has my math.

It looks like you save $.04 to pick up your beer from the bar and carry it back to the room instead of a beer package. (If you tip room service $2.00 for delivery.)

Is my math correct?

The only thing I can see to challenge is you are assuming a $2 tip on the room service and not everyone might tip that. Myself, for example, I might order two buckets at one time and perhaps only tip $1 for delivery. This example would skew the numbers ... but my math has been wrong before :eek:

With the logic you will probably have a few more during the cruise, do both..

Pre-order to save a little money, but run to the bar to get cold ones for first sail. When the others arrive, put them into the fridge to chill for later in the trip :)

Archived