Ephesus Tours

Sydney55

If you go to the Ports of Call section of this board, under Europe/Other Mediterranean Ports, and do a search for Ephesus, you'll find plenty of info on private tour operators. If you don't find what you are looking for, that would be a better place to ask your question. Good luck, and happy cruising!

We just returned from a trans-Atlantic that did Ephesus and used http://www.ephesusdeluxe.com (Bluege Travel Ltd.) who was excellent. We paid $50 each for a mini-van. I think there were eight of us but the van could have handled some more. Ship wanted $100 and up for a tour. Ours included the Terrace Houses which a lot of the tours do not, it is optional. They are not to be missed. Our guide spoke perfect English and stayed with us the entire time we walked around the ruins.

Lunch was not included but our guide took us to a rug demonstration. Ordinarily, I would not have been a happy camper but it was short and most interesting. The best part was during the sales pitch, they gave us a choice of drinks ranging from water to a local liquor and a "snack" plate of cheese sticks, grape leaf wrap, carrot and cucumber. If we wanted more food, it was offered. Not only took less time than eating lunch--it was free (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Tucker in Texas

Edit: I don't understand why others can enter URLs and they load fine but mine does not. Goofy forum we have here.

Me either. I know about not mentioning travel agents or booking sites (learned the hard way being thrown off for a couple of days) but didn't think there was a ban on mentioning tour companies. All the tour agencies I have used for shore tours have come from cruise critic members.

I hope I am not in trouble.

Tucker in Texas

Archived