Return Flights

I believe it is around 6:30 am if you do the early dismissal. We are on an 11:25 flight. The benefit is that you don't have to leave your bags outside of your cabin for them to take the night before.

I assume your flight is out of FLL, not Miami. It is only a 10 minute taxi ride if you are not caught up in port traffic. Your odds are good (better than 90%) if there aren't any delays in the ship arriving in port or from immigrations. Both of these do happen from time to time at Fort Lauderdale. Also, the airport is a zoo on Saturdays in season and security lines can be long, with more than 20,000 cruise passengers arriving on some Saturdays.

We were on the May 1st Oasis sailing. We carried our own bags off at 6:45 am. No line to get off. Plenty of taxis waiting. We checked our bags at the FLL airport, went through security and were sitting aty our gate at 7:30 am.

Still - I wouldn't book anything before 11:00 am to be safe.

Lou

Oasis docks at approximately 1 am Saturday morning. I presume this is to deal with the thousands of pieces of luggage, but she is in port early. DH was up when we docked and it was 1:27 am.

They called for self-disembarkation at 6:15 am. You should be able to make that early flight, no problem.

You should make it fine. If you are really concerned about time, I would also recommend Luggage Valet, which allows you to check-in prior to leaving the ship. You get your boarding passes on the last day of the cruise, and after leaving your luggage outside your stateroom the night before debarkation, you don't see it again until you arrive at your home airport.

IIRC Wednesday night midnight was the deadline for signing up for Luggage Valet, which is $20/pp (plus applicable baggage fees). I believe it is free for suite guests.

Archived