Saving certificates

OK... so can someone explain this one.... Got off the Oasis in March... A week home, got a lovely letter from royal thanking us for cruising with them... Bottom of the letter has two certificates.... One for 55.00 which I used for my March 2011 Allure cruise.... Now I get an email saying that they won't accept the other certificate for 30.00 which I put in for our Dec 1 cruise on the Allure.... they say I can't use it for angural sailings, but there is nothing about that restriction on the coupon anywhere.....Anyone had a similar problem, and did they eventually accept the coupon??

thanks

OK... so can someone explain this one.... Got off the Oasis in March... A week home, got a lovely letter from royal thanking us for cruising with them... Bottom of the letter has two certificates.... One for 55.00 which I used for my March 2011 Allure cruise.... Now I get an email saying that they won't accept the other certificate for 30.00 which I put in for our Dec 1 cruise on the Allure.... they say I can't use it for angural sailings, but there is nothing about that restriction on the coupon anywhere.....Anyone had a similar problem, and did they eventually accept the coupon??

thanks

Never had that problem, but never tried to use one on an inaugural sailing.

Seems strange that they are not selling the 12/1 as the inaugural, but are calling the 12/5 the inaugural, exactly the same as they did with Oasis. We were on the 12/1 and did not receive any of the inaugural gifts that the people on the 12/5 sailing did.

I would call and question it.

Id like to get money off, what did you book to have gotten them?? Was it because you booked a high category, or you booked direct with RCL or something?

They usually arrive in the mail after a sailing. I have also gotten one out of the blue. Always for $50. I have always booked an interior.

We sailed on the Oasis in Jan, Explorer in Feb, Indy in March and Serenade in May. We got the coupons twice and we are Diamond Plus. We have not been able to use them either since the balcony Diamond Discount is not combinable. I guess if we booked an oceanview cabin we'd be able to apply them, but we love having the balcony!

Apparently, I did rattle a cage or two, RCL gave me an email addy to address my concern to... Sorta like an appeal .... gave them my reservation number and C&A number... explained that the certificate stated nothing about the Allure Anugral not being included.... now we wait and see!! I'll let you know when they reach a decision.

Archived