Food Question!!!!

ksmommyof4

I remember our first cruise, my wife couldnt decide on which desert she wanted.......Our waitress brought us ONE OF EVERY DESERT......EVERY NIGHT AFTER AS WELL!!!!:p

The last cruise we were on (Carnival Inspiration) our server told us we wanted 2 lobster dinners, and 2 desserts and 1 of each soup, etc. LOL

I can't even finish everything with ONE serving... the wait staff on Carnival is great. I love the main dining room experience!

I won't eat burgers unless they're MW, but I want my steak bloody. I mean, seriously rare! :D

SkyMaster - maybe it's just whichever ship and whichever week. You know, maybe it varies as much as the passengers from week to week.

That's why I kept trying after that horrible experience on Miracle, but they've still not been very good (and I've sailed five times since then).

And that's why I always have a "backup" plan for the nights when I want to order beef.

I grew up eating beef that was cooked beyond shoe-leather condition. But I worked in a steakhouse in my early 20s and learned to appreciate good, aged beef cooked rare. SO much more flavor! I, too, cannot understand why anyone bothers to order a steak well done. IMHO, it should be illegal. It's a shameful thing to do to a good cut of beef. Maybe we can get Carnival to add that to the banned list. ;)

While the few steaks I've ordered in the MDR have usually been pretty close to the doneness I like and request, they aren't always perfect. However, I don't have a problem with it since it was close enough for my liking, and I usually order something other than steak anyway. HOWEVER, if you want a perfectly cooked steak, try the extra-charge steakhouse. DH and I went a few years ago and have made a point to go once on each cruise since. We both get filet cooked medium, and it is PERFECT and absolutely delicious every time.

Except there is no steakhouse on the Fantasy class ships. Or Triumph/Victory/Destiny.

I ate in the one on Glory and, yes, I ordered the enormous Porterhouse. It was delicious. But I didn't bother in December on Miracle.

I just think I should be able to get a decent steak in the MDR! I shouldn't need to pay $30 for an edible chunk of beef.

I'll be sure to include my thoughts on whatever beef I decide to try next week.

These cruises are meant to be stress free and make you feel like you dont have a care in the world.....Anything you want, its your way....If you order something and its not right, which it should be, send it back like you would at a normal restaurant. I have been on two prior and never had anything I wasnt happy with.....If you order something, and you dont like it, dont be afraid to order something else....These people truly aim to please your needs!

I agree. On the Fantasy I ordered the lobster which was a little too chewy. I sent it back and got the steak with no problems. They aim to please!!! If you want two of something just ask!!! No worries

I agree. On the Fantasy I ordered the lobster which was a little too chewy. I sent it back and got the steak with no problems. They aim to please!!! If you want two of something just ask!!! No worries

Yeah, if I dont like the sides of one of the dishes, I will miss-match entrees and sides, or get one meal and then add an extra meat or ask for another order of side....I like pasta, but I also like steak/lobster/shrimp.....I would get the side version of the pasta dish, the steak dinner and a lobster tail with a soup/salad and appetizer or two!!!! Love me some food on the cruise, I spend A LOT of time on the treadmill or walking excursions on the ship for a reason!

Archived