What was your BEST experience in Grand Cayman?

deezee28

Hi everyone!

I'm really hoping you can help me decide what I should do in the Port of Georgetown, Grand Cayman.

I'll be there on Thursday June 3rd from 8am to 4pm.

At the moment I have the following excursions booked at the different ports we'll be visiting on this cruise:

Jamaica - Dunn's River Falls, River Tubing, Cool Blue Hole

Cozumel - Discover Scuba and hang out at Palancar Beach, maybe manatee encounter.

In Grand Cayman we'd like to do the Stingray City combined with some great snorkeling at differnet spots, but we're not sure with whom to do it with. At this moment we're considering:

Nativeway Watersports - Rays/Reef/Rum Point Beach, which includes lunch and beverages (but not sure exactly what is served).

Wave Runner Adventure - Stingray City/Rum Point Beach

Which would you choose, or do you have a better suggestion. All suggestions and experiences shared will be GREATLY appreciated. At this moment I'm totally confused.:confused:

Thanks so much,

Diana:)

I would recommend the stingrays in Grand Cayman. I would take an excursion that just involves the stingrays and then spend some time afterwards walking around the local town.

Keith

Thanks so much for your recommendation. We're definitely looking into doing something that includes the Stingray City tour. :)

We snorkeled and did the stingrays with Moby Dick - great service, wonderful snorkeling, and they dropped us at Rachmans's near the port for happy hour prices on beer (the Caybrew was tasty!:D) and great conch fritters. Half the cost of the ship tour and very fun. Good luck!:)

While we were in Cayman we did a private stingray city snorkle charter with Absolute divers. It was fantastic, very relaxed and enjoyable. we wwere able to do 2 other snorkel spots and be back in time to do some shoping without feeling rushed or crowded.

We did Nativeway's rays, reef and rum point last year. The stingrays were amazing and the guys with nativeway was really good. The snorkling was so so. I was disappointed with rum point and the beach. They give you a menu on board to order from and your food is ready when you get there. Food was good, beach not that great considering the beaches on Grand Cayman. I would do the stingrays and spend the rest of the day on 7mile beach or shopping. Our table mates were approached in the early afternoon after getting off the ship a much reduced price to do the stingrays and they had a blast. Don't know who they did it with. Have a great cruise.

We used Nativeway and I really recommend them. It was a small group on the boat and the guides took good care of us. They even catered to my mom who didn't want to get off the boat by bringing a starfish to her on the boat and also bringing a stingray close to the boat for her to see.

But we did the Stingray and Coral Garden tour not the one with Rum Point.

Maggie

We did Nativeway's rays, reef and rum point last year. The stingrays were amazing and the guys with nativeway was really good. The snorkling was so so. I was disappointed with rum point and the beach. They give you a menu on board to order from and your food is ready when you get there. Food was good, beach not that great considering the beaches on Grand Cayman. I would do the stingrays and spend the rest of the day on 7mile beach or shopping. Our table mates were approached in the early afternoon after getting off the ship a much reduced price to do the stingrays and they had a blast. Don't know who they did it with. Have a great cruise.

We used Nativeway and I really recommend them. It was a small group on the boat and the guides took good care of us. They even catered to my mom who didn't want to get off the boat by bringing a starfish to her on the boat and also bringing a stingray close to the boat for her to see.

But we did the Stingray and Coral Garden tour not the one with Rum Point.

Maggie

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. We were really torn between Nativeway and "Fat Fish" Waverunner....after much consideration we opted for the waverunner tour. What really helped us in deciding was the fact that I've never ridden a waverunner and the reviews of this company in Tripadvisor are absolutely phenomenal. I'm really looking forward to this tour....wish me luck with the waverunner! :D

keep sharing your experiences.....:)

we have done BOTH of those tour companys in GC. I prefere Nativeway and the reason is:

when you are on the wave runners if you have a slow or scared person, they constantly have to wait for them to catch up. (we had barely any time at rum point due to this)Plus, IT was so bumpy on the ocean, too.

THe other tour gave us WAY more time at the beach. I love Rum Point so much I wish I could go back without stingrays!!

As for the food my recommendation is to order ONE meal for two adults and order an appetizer or something else to go with. The BBQ we had was way too much for my hubby and I and there were other options we could have done and just split them both.

The nativeways people are wonderful too!!!

My BEST experience there? Well, DH and I got married there during our first cruise together, so I had better say that was the best! :)

I've been there a few times and enjoy renting a car. The rental company gave a great map and it's a small island, so it's easy to navigate. We've stopped at the turtle farm, rum plant, botanical gardens, etc. Plus, it's fun to say that I drove one the "wrong" side of the road! We used Andy's and were very pleased. We're considering an August cruise with George Town as a port and would rent again.

Enjoy!

If you are athletic and adventurous, the waverunner excursion is a blast! It can get pretty bumpy so your hands and arms may get fatigued depending on your fitness level. Feeding the stingrays was nice, but not really something I want to do more than once unless some in my party have yet to experience it.

Personally, Margaritaville is a favorite of ours....can't beat free tequila shots at 11am and a very good DJ with a participative crowd ;).

On our upcoming visit, Margaritaville is a must but looking for something different to do. Seven mile beach sounds great but the majority of our stop in Cozumel will be on beaches, add to the fact that we live in FL, beaches tend to get old for us.

Archived