Question about possible room change.

DACmom

Ok, we are currently scheduled on our first cruise on Summit. Inside cabins 2135 and 2139. Our 3 children are 16, 20, 22. I see some military rates that would be able to either move one of us to a different inside cabin and save about $160 total. Or we could get a veranda on the seventh floor. How difficult is it if your children are on one floor and you are on another? Would it be better for them to move to same floor if they are at other end? Or better to be at same end of ship and just take elevator up? I put a call in to TA to question him, but just checking. Better to keep next to each other cabins on same floor or move one to a veranda and be separated? Decisions, decision? Any thoughts from those experienced?

Unless they kids are going to share your bathroom or need your statroom for dressing, etc, I would probably get the Veranda, and leave the kids in an inside cabin if saving the $160 isn't an issue. You can get a lot of enjoyment out of the balcony,and the kids can come up and "visit".

It's not going to matter too much about the location because those kids are going to be all over that ship! Because they are older - you're not going to have to monitor them (LOL). You may just enjoy some additional peace & quiet if there is some distance - just a thought.

I personally would take the concierge cabin for only $70 more. The price difference for this upgrade is so small I believe it is worth it. Concierge cabins have the same square footage as verandas, but the little extra touches will make your cruise feel a bit more special. But you will be the best judge to decide what will suit you and your family best.

Happy sailings!

Thom

The 16 year old is the question. The first few cruises we took with the kids they were always next door or across the hall. The last cruise we took they were 20 and 22 and we told the travel agent to make sure they were on a different floor!

Oh... for $70 more a piece we could go to a concierge cabin... but then we are going backwards in price.... Never having been on cruise at all, it can be overwhelming!

I would go w/ the veranda. To be honest we had that big sweet 16 cabin and never once ate breakfast on it so I am glad we didnt pay the extra $ for CC. Does it say what verandas are still available? We had 6030 and it was FABULOUS!!!!!

the 16 year old is the question. The first few cruises we took with the kids they were always next door or across the hall. The last cruise we took they were 20 and 22 and we told the travel agent to make sure they were on a different floor!

lmao!!!

lmao!!!

Yeah.... I find that awesome also.

I am kind of confused as to what we have right now and have emailed my TA to clarify.

Right now we are booked in room 7163 with a Veranda. He also stated we are going to receive $340 OBC from Celebrity. I had thought it was an even trade for me, so am confused. I knew there was a price drop if I had stayed in an inside cabin, but am thrilled if it was for this also!!

But at this time, the kids are in room 2139 and we are in room 7163. As long as the girls don't kill their little brother, we will be good to go.

If you are/have both been in the military, if one of you is in each cabin, you can get the savings on both rooms. So that savings could be the military savings on that inside cabin. If that's the case, you could move the kids with you or move them to an inside closer to you cabin

Hmmmm.... I was under the impression that at least one person in a cabin with underage adults needed to be at least 25 years old? Can someone correct me on this?
I just checked X's website on this. One person must be 21.

You can side step this by booking one parent in each cabin and making changes once on board

Hey Lorie,

I just checked the Celebrity site and 6028 is available. It is one of the Sweet 16 cabins with a balcony that is twice as big as a regular veranda. Ironically, it was the cabin we had at first then upgraded to a C1.

If you can get it and don't decide to go to Concierge, I'd grab it!

~Amy

Uggh... ha, I don't think it was available earlier. We got room 7163 which is also a little bigger than the others, not a true sweet 16 cabin, but at least it is bigger.

Thanks so much guys!

...You may just enjoy some additional peace & quiet if there is some distance - just a thought.

This may (or may not) be an issue. It depends on how well behaved are the kids. If you are confident they won't be more noisy and disturb folks in adjacent cabins if you are not in the area to keep tabs on them, then go for it.

Thanks for your service to your country.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

This may (or may not) be an issue. It depends on how well behaved are the kids. If you are confident they won't be more noisy and disturb folks in adjacent cabins if you are not in the area to keep tabs on them, then go for it.

Thanks for your service to your country.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Oh, I am not worried about the noise they will make. I mean the girls are 22 and 20. The 16 year old boy will be wanting to sleep in the room and that is it. Not much noise to be made. I don't think they will be in the room much at all. Girls are very responsible (sometimes too much.. I want them to relax and really enjoy themselves. They are always the mother hens in their group of friends.)

I think it will be nice having a veranda in our room. We may get them to visit us just because of this. ha

I am getting so excited!! :):)

Oh, I am not worried about the noise they will make. I mean the girls are 22 and 20. The 16 year old boy will be wanting to sleep in the room and that is it. Not much noise to be made. I don't think they will be in the room much at all. Girls are very responsible (sometimes too much.. I want them to relax and really enjoy themselves. They are always the mother hens in their group of friends.)

I think it will be nice having a veranda in our room. We may get them to visit us just because of this. ha

I am getting so excited!! :):)

So did the 16yo realize dressing up can have its benefits???LOLOL;)

So did the 16yo realize dressing up can have its benefits???LOLOL;)

I don't think he believes us, as he rolls his eyes. But, I think his attitude will change once he see's it is true. (Watch there be no one girls on the ship... ha ha)

I don't think he believes us, as he rolls his eyes. But, I think his attitude will change once he see's it is true. (Watch there be no one girls on the ship... ha ha)

Sounds to me like you all will have an awesome time. I sincerely appreciate your DH for his commitment to our country and your family for living with whatever hardship that has caused! Enjoy what I am sure will be a wonderful family vacation! I am quite jealous! (although I do get to cruise soon too!)

Archived