Transfer from Airport to Port Everglades

hi, i'm looking for advice on the best (cheapest) way to get to port everglades from ft. lauderdale airport. believe other people have said taking a cab is convenient but wondering if there's a long wait for cabs at the airport given all the cruise passengers arriving at the same time (we land at 11:30) and if the cabs had enough trunk space to accommodate all your luggage.

similarly, is there a long wait for cabs after you debark at port everglades?

thanks!

when we have sailed out of port everglades, we drop off the rental car and take a free shuttle right out of the rental car center. i dont know if you are allowed to take these shuttles if you dont rent a car but of the 5 times we have done this not once was i asked if i rented a car so i would try.

hi, i'm looking for advice on the best (cheapest) way to get to port everglades from ft. lauderdale airport. believe other people have said taking a cab is convenient but wondering if there's a long wait for cabs at the airport given all the cruise passengers arriving at the same time (we land at 11:30) and if the cabs had enough trunk space to accommodate all your luggage.

similarly, is there a long wait for cabs after you debark at port everglades?

thanks!

We always take a cab both ways . In Jan I think we paid about 15 bucks, each way,We were four in the cab ,no problem getting one ,no problem with space.

The least expensive and quickest way is a cab, as stated. We walked over to the taxi dispatcher (at both places) and he found us a cab suitable for our party and our luggage. They are lined up waiting to go, and it will cost you less than $15.00 each way, tip included. Make sure the driver turns on the meter - there is no "flat rate" to the airport or to the cruise port.

The rental car shuttle bus is for customers only; I wouldn't feel right using this bus if I hadn't rented a car. It's stealing, IMO. It is - no other way to say it.

OP, please don't worry about this. It is easy as pie and you won't have a problem. The two are only 10 minutes apart. No worries. :) Enjoy your cruise.

as i stated clearly, i have used the shuttle after returning a rental car. BUT, in 5 times i have used it i have never been asked if i returned a car, so i mentioned it because it is not 100% clear if the shuttle is ONLY for rental car customers, i am almost certain it is but i have doubts because i havnt seen a sign stating it either. i am not advising stealing or pulling a fast one, just mentioned that option. are you 100% sure the shuttle isnt a complimentary service from the city? it could be a nice gesture to lure cruise customers to ft lauderdale instead of miami for example.

thanks everyone for the info! the cab option seems like it's pretty simple and painless so we'll go that route. was just worried about having to stand in a long line and wait for a cab -- not really fond of lines when i'm on vacation ;)

It seems that cabs are plentiful and cheap from FLL to the ship's terminal.

What about from MIA to the ship? I would guess cabs are easy to come by there, too, but I'm wondering about the price.

Thank you, in advance.

Archived