**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Oh Mary! You're right there are no words to explain the loss. I am so sorry :(

I lost one dobie girl in February 07 and another in November 08 and not a day goes by that I don't think of them......

A big hug comes your way!!!

Thanks, Linda. It's been a long, hard day. I still can't believe she's not coming home.

As they say, it gets better one day at a time.

Mary

Sorry to hear about your loss Mary...18 years together is amazing. I know if my cat Tiger went away I'd be a mess for a bit. I mean, who would I blame for my bald spot since she likes licking the top of my head?:)

18 years is amazing. Any yes... they seem to know our vulnerabilities...like bald spots! :D

Besides our grief and adjustment, I'm worried about her littermate, Troy. He keeps looking for her. They had each other for 18 years and now he's lost.

On a different note, the NFL season started last night... we'd better enjoy it this year beacuase it appears that a strike may shut down or delay next year's action. We'll just have to make do with college ball. More time for other things!

Mary

The worst part for me was always not hearing them right behind me....their nails on the tile. Dobies are always right on your butt :(

It is an adjustment. Everything normal isn't normal anymore. She was the quietest member of the "family" but the house seems so empty without her.

How long did it take before you decided to get another Dobie to follow you around? :D

It is an adjustment. Everything normal isn't normal anymore. She was the quietest member of the "family" but the house seems so empty without her.

How long did it take before you decided to get another Dobie to follow you around? :D

I lost Baylee in November 2008 and I adopted Jesse in January 2009 - so just 2 months. Could have been sooner but I was determined to rescue and the Holidays caused a bit of a delay.

I wish I knew how???

Do you see the User CP link near the top of the page? If so, click on the link. It will take you to your control panel where you can set up preferences and choose an avatar. Or you can upload from you computer. Check it out and we can all help walk you through it :)

Go 'Canes....:D

Mary

As much as I dislike Ohio State I still want them to be ranked high when we play them in November :) I have high hopes for Michigan now :D

So, I have to back the Big Ten in this one.....

DJ, watch out for USF...you could have a game on your hands :eek:

As much as I dislike Ohio State I still want them to be ranked high when we play them in November :) I have high hopes for Michigan now :D

So, I have to back the Big Ten in this one.....

DJ, watch out for USF...you could have a game on your hands :eek:

Linda, I should have known you would catch the meaning of my post.... :)

Mary

Yes the first half of the Florida game was tough, but they got it together in the end. I'm home early from work to watch this trifecta of awesome games. I'm neutral in the OK/FSU game, pulling for the Bucks and Michigan:D

Congrats on the win!

It's half time and we're playing pretty well. Too many missed tackles by the defense though :mad:

Geez, how do 2 and 3 guys have a hand on someone and miss the tackle :confused:

Whoa....that will be a big game!

Yes, it will be a big game, but have to deal with first things first... Buffalo is tonight... No guarantee we'll win that one.

Everyone looks good...

Did you see Joe Montana's son make the bonehead play at the end of the first half?

Mary

Yes, it will be a big game, but have to deal with first things first... Buffalo is tonight... No guarantee we'll win that one.

Everyone looks good...

Did you see Joe Montana's son make the bonehead play at the end of the first half?

Mary

Yes, thank goodness he did too! We need to improve on our punting and kicking :rolleyes:

But a win...is a win...is a win :D This was a big one!

We did the Coastal 6 days on the Golden last year and we loved our window suite so much we had to book this. The bonus is we live in Victoria and will be able to disembark there rather than go through the disembarkation dance in Seattle. Breakfast at Sabitinis' every morning is a delight. Hope the same Maitre D is aboard as he was outstanding. I see at least one other in a window suite.

We are Pat and Karen from Victoria and this will be our 4th to Alaska although we have not been to Alaska for about 6 years. Hope to meet you all.

So, I promised DJ I would put together a list a few weeks ago. I'm surprised he let me slide all this time.....what a "slacker" I was :p

It was a lot of scrolling around but I think I got it. Let me know if I made any mistakes and feel free to make any updates that you want. It would be nice to have eveyone's first names too :)

Linda (LEtue) and Margie (hmstins) - FL & TX

Mary (bellebaby) and DH - TX

Katherine (kath00) and DH - CA

DJ (deej696) and Meg - FL

(gatorpwr) and DW - FL

Ginger (ggprincess2004) and DH

+ 4 friends

Karen (karenannie) and DH - Utah

Jan (jbeb) and Ed - Nevada

(willysgrandma) - NY

+ 20 friends

Pat (Kyana) and Karen - Victoria, BC

Letue No problem always love to promote my home town. Will bring some material on Victoria so you can get an idea what you want to do and both Karen and I would love to assist. All the flowers will be in bloom in May. You are not in Victoria long enough for Butcharts considering the cost save it for a time you may want to visit and stay in British Columbias' Capital city.:):)

We did the Coastal 6 days on the Golden last year and we loved our window suite so much we had to book this. The bonus is we live in Victoria and will be able to disembark there rather than go through the disembarkation dance in Seattle. Breakfast at Sabitinis' every morning is a delight. Hope the same Maitre D is aboard as he was outstanding. I see at least one other in a window suite.

We are Pat and Karen from Victoria and this will be our 4th to Alaska although we have not been to Alaska for about 6 years. Hope to meet you all.

Hi Pat and Karen! Welcome. I can't believe you live in Victoria! Soooo lucky! I cannot wait to see it for the first time in about a decade. We will be on the Sapphire Coastal first before doing this cruise B2B so we'll have a full day in Victoria then, thank goodness. I just LOVED the area last time we were there, but DH and I were both totally jetlagged so I don't remember all the details. This time around, we'll be on the cruise ship for 5 days before getting up to Victoria so it should be perfect.

I hear the window suites are lovely to stay in also. I have never seen them so I hope we do a cabin crawl and you'll allow us a peek! :D

Is anyone looking at excursions yet? Can we book them yet? It seems too early but I suppose we should start if we want to get the times we need.

Katherine

Is anyone looking at excursions yet? Can we book them yet? It seems too early but I suppose we should start if we want to get the times we need.

Katherine

Juneau - We have booked Harv & Marv for a whale watch trip in Juneau. We have the option for a stop at Mendenhall Glacier afterwards too.

Skagway - I am strongly considering this one... http://glacierpointsafari.com/

Ketchikan - leaning towards...

http://015f20c.netsolhost.com/princess/Coastal%20Wildlife%20Cruise.html

These are both Princess excursions. Need to see what Margie wants to do in these ports since we haven't had a chance to plan much yet :)

Archived