**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Meet & Mingle time vote:

2BeOnABoat......11 am

Carol&Jim..........11 am or 2 pm and a pub lunch, slot pull and general merriment!!

Travelcoupletoo....11am

You know, if we have our M&M at 11 we could, for whoever would like to, meander down for the pub lunch?? And then a slot pull?? Anyone who has early seating and is getting all decked out can always leave whenever they need to. But then, you might miss out on our big winnings!;) Slot pull sounds like fun!

If we only have one sea day is there only one formal night?

I think we leave Ketchikan early so I bet that's our 2nd formal night.

Add me to the 11am get together, followed by lunch and slot pull, but on the sea day, right? Not on the day we are in port (we'll be on excursions at 11 all 3 port days).

Katherine

Yes, sea day, first day at sea.

Meet & Mingle time vote:

2BeOnABoat......11 am

Carol&Jim..........11 am or 2 pm and a pub lunch, slot pull and general merriment!!

Travelcoupletoo....11am

kath00................11am, pub lunch and slot pull

Darn, thought there might only be one formal night. :rolleyes:

I wish - I was visiting my daughter and grandson in Virginia. Saw on the drive down that no one has won the one before it, so we bought tickets in Virginia, hoping it would be luckier than buying in NY. No such luck, LOL.

Hey Willysgrandma, you weren't the one to win that NY Mega Millions were you?? Haven't seen you on here in a couple of days!!:eek:

Yes, sea day, first day at sea.

Meet & Mingle time vote:

2BeOnABoat......11 am

Travelcoupletoo....11am

Darn, thought there might only be one formal night. :rolleyes:

Nice try! Nope, we are gonna have to get dressed up for 2 nights. Actually, we dress up for the first night and second night is dark skirt and sparkly top but certainly not truly "formal" clothing!

Kath

Meet & Mingle time vote:

2BeOnABoat......11 am

Travelcoupletoo....11am

Kyana.................11am, slot pull

Thanks Kyana!

We are eating in the buffet on formal nights - we have enough to bring with the heavy clothing without bothering with formal clothing too. Maybe take advantage of one of the alternate dining venues on formal night.

With the airline imposed fees on luggage weight, I am thinking true "formal nights" with gowns and tuxes are now a thing of the past. I am seeing more and more ladies dress up in cocktail-type dresses. And the men are in suits with ties. Fine by me. I like to dress up but not enough to go to the trouble of flying with a big dress.

Katherine

Will be in tux for formal nights. Agree with you all and if we were flying I think I would forgo the Extra bag and just go with my blazer. This being said, Wouldn't it be nice if Princess and HAL as well would give a shipboard credit in the equivilent of 1 bags cost by producing a receipt at the front desk and they could double it for flying home. In this day of two bitting the passengers it would show they still care and appreciate the effort to keep in tact the formal night ambiance. Maybe as I get older I am getting a little weirder in my thoughts but still thats one mans' opinion. I hope the Carnival family scan these sights and consider my thoughts.:rolleyes:

Oh, heck, I don't even bother with the cocktail dress - I bring a pair of black dress pants and a fancy top. But I'm not even bothering with that this cruise!

With the airline imposed fees on luggage weight, I am thinking true "formal nights" with gowns and tuxes are now a thing of the past. I am seeing more and more ladies dress up in cocktail-type dresses. And the men are in suits with ties. Fine by me. I like to dress up but not enough to go to the trouble of flying with a big dress.

Katherine

Hey Everyone. We are getting ready to reserve our excursion and I wanted to see if anyone wanted to join us. We will be kayaking and then doing a glacier trek on the Mende Hal glacier. It is a 7 hour trip. The cost is $300 per person. We don't want to be the only two people. We like the group thing but don't want to miss out on such a great opportunity. Just shoot me a note.

Karen

Sean sends his apologies as he says he has mountains to climb in all three Alaskan Ports. His first love in having to climb those peaks to add to his conquests. He is part mountain goat I guess. Anyone interested in accompanying him contact him onboard. We are in F305.:)

Hello everyone - Debra here from Toronto- I have just signed up for this cruise - last minute decision!! I have always wanted to take Alaskan cruise so decided to do it while I can afford it since I have to pay double for travelling solo!!! Has anyone booked excursions for some of the ports outside the ships excursions - I'd like to join others if possible...

Also, strange time arriving into Victoria - 7 p.m. at night! Would have been nice to have more time there as I have a cousin that I want to vist..

When/where is the meet/greet? I'll be there!!

Debra

We booked the Whitepass Railroad in Skagway at noon with Shore Trips. Less expensive than the ships tour and it didn't take as long. We are taking the railroad up and a bus back.

Hello everyone - Debra here from Toronto- I have just signed up for this cruise - last minute decision!! I have always wanted to take Alaskan cruise so decided to do it while I can afford it since I have to pay double for travelling solo!!! Has anyone booked excursions for some of the ports outside the ships excursions - I'd like to join others if possible...

Also, strange time arriving into Victoria - 7 p.m. at night! Would have been nice to have more time there as I have a cousin that I want to vist..

When/where is the meet/greet? I'll be there!!

Debra

Welcome Debra! Our Meet & Mingle is being planned for our first sea day, second sail day at 11am in Skywalkers. At least that's the tentative time and place, I still have to email the Princess rep to make sure. Been waiting for more of the cruisers to vote on where and when but think that time and place will probably be best. When I find out for certain I'll post it here. We may also meet for a pub lunch and have a slot pull! Read through our past posts and you'll find all that.

We booked the Butchart Gardens evening trip just because - what else?? Not sure what time it will get dark there? We zipline in Juneau, car rental in Skagway and not sure what we're doing in Ketchikan.

Should be a fun cruise! :D

Welcome Debra! Our Meet & Mingle is being planned for our first sea day, second sail day at 11am in Skywalkers. At least that's the tentative time and place, I still have to email the Princess rep to make sure. Been waiting for more of the cruisers to vote on where and when but think that time and place will probably be best. When I find out for certain I'll post it here. We may also meet for a pub lunch and have a slot pull! Read through our past posts and you'll find all that.

We booked the Butchart Gardens evening trip just because - what else?? Not sure what time it will get dark there? We zipline in Juneau, car rental in Skagway and not sure what we're doing in Ketchikan.

Should be a fun cruise! :D

Skywalkers should be a great place because we'll be sailing the inside passage that day, right? The views from up there are spectacular and not that many people make it up there. FYI I believe there is NO service up there (no bar or food) so we can hang out there but then have to go down to the buffet to eat or drink anything.

Katherine

Anybody want a great review and pictures of the Golden, check this thread out: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1389679

I see a few of our group has already but if you haven't read thru it you must! Great review! Even if it is Hawaii. ;)

That was a great review, thanks so much for telling us about it. We love going to the International Cafe for breakfast, a special coffee and an egg and bacon muffin. Also looking forward to Vines before dinner appy and some great wine.

Just hoping in the next 6 weeks the weather improves alot, we are still very cold here in Vancouver, usually this time of year we are warmer than this, today we went out and I wore my heavy winter coat.

We are both so looking forward to this trip just to relax and basically do nothing, we have the train booked in Skagway and other than that, just R&R, can't wait:)

Cherie and Tom

Carol & Jim: Will the onboard gratuity cover your Meet & Mingle efforts? Skywalkers, 11 AM, first sea day (May 15th), is a great idea!:rolleyes:

Sorry I haven't corresponded recently. Spring skiing up here near Lake Tahoe has been great. So, a little chilly weather on the cruise will be OK.:)

Tom (skibear)

Thanks for the survey of Cruise Critic members joining us on the Golden Princess.

Hi Carol and Jim: I live in Nevada where we rely on tourists to pull the slots so we can avoid the horrible idea of an income tax. So, come to Nevada! I don't ever pull slots!

I bring a blazer, nice (clean, not Alaskan style) shirt and tie for formal nights. I don't get stopped at the door!

Tom

Cherrypop - your my hero! Every day it hits about 50 degrees in NY, we go outside with our Alaska coats and say "are we warm enough?"

Now we have you to give us updates on the Vancouver weather to give us a heads up, LOL!

That was a great review, thanks so much for telling us about it. We love going to the International Cafe for breakfast, a special coffee and an egg and bacon muffin. Also looking forward to Vines before dinner appy and some great wine.

Just hoping in the next 6 weeks the weather improves alot, we are still very cold here in Vancouver, usually this time of year we are warmer than this, today we went out and I wore my heavy winter coat.

We are both so looking forward to this trip just to relax and basically do nothing, we have the train booked in Skagway and other than that, just R&R, can't wait:)

Cherie and Tom

I was part of a meet and greet in Oct. that brought small gifts from home (local favorites) to exchange. They drew numbers based on who participated then you could choose a gift from the table when your number was called. There were some interesting local items.

If anyone is interested.

Archived