E1 or E2?

For our group cruise on FOS one of my family members wanted a balcony so I booked her an E2 as we all booked the lowest "letter" in the catagory we wanted to keep the prices low. When she called to put the deposit down, she changed it to an E1- saying it was a much better cabin with more storage. She had done some research and decided for only $20 it was worth it (she's never cruised before). Can anyone tell me from experience what the real differences are between E1 and E2? I also booked my parents an E2 (also new cruisers) on the center hump of deck 7 (#7338) and they seem to be happy with my choice.

Thanks in advance!

We just returned after having 8638 on Freedom and it was fantastic. The location right next to the elevators was great and we had no noise issues. I think for the price it is perfect for 2 people and your parents will be very happy.

Sounds like you made good choices to me. I am booked on an E1 on Mariner of the Seas and have been told from several who have had these cabins in the past that they are great. The hump cabins your parents will love.

The interior of an E1 and E2 are exactly the same as far as storage goes. I've been in all levels of the E category cabins and they are the same. The only difference is as mentioned, the location on the ship and the number of people they will sleep. A D category will give you a tiny bit more cabin space and an extra set of shelves next to the vanity.

E1 and E2 are the same, main different is location, and sometimes there will be the potential for a 3rd guest in an E1. Center hump is a great location, don't move them, it is our fav location.

Archived