Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

Me and my wife are sailing out of Jacksonville on the 29 of August. I was wondering if you still take pictures of the ship as it is leave?

Hi! I will be glad to take pictures for you. Ler me know if you need additional info or if you have a specific sailaway spot. Enjoy your final countdown :)

APDMOM:

After all these years I'm back on the boards for a minute... I just wanted to let you know that I'm suing OOPS - "Using" not "Suing" :eek: an image of yours, one of the ship-abeam photos you took in May of 2012, as my wallpaper on 2 PC's now running Win-10, a Chrome-Book, and three tablets of various parentage.

I had hoped to re-paste it here, or to go back through the files and bring it forward, but no such luck. The metadata shows it was taken May 13, 2012, and was your file number DSC_0058.jpeg. I hope that's enough information to look it up, so you know which one I'm using.

Edited by oldrailfan
Misspellings

APDMOM,

We are sailing on October 5 sailing. Would love some shots as we sail since its our 5 year old first cruise!

If you are able to take some shots that would be great!

Thanks.

I have added you to my calendar. Hopefully, nothing will come up with school starting. I will let you know closer to the time, but as of today, the schedule looks clear. :)

Being that this is our first trip we will follow your advice and will except any info you have. Can you suggest the best place for us to be for the photo? Again thank you so so much.:)

If you have a balcony on starboard or aft, that is great. You can e-mail me your cabin number so that I can zoom in on the area of your balcony ( APDMOM@live.com )

If you do not have a starboard or aft balcony, here are some tips:

The ship gets to our spot anytime between 5:10 pm and 5:40 pm. I usually keep an eye on the marine traffic app to see where the ship is. If you have early dining, you may miss the pictur time, but I will still take the pictures... at least you will know you were on the ship. :D

Credit to Marine Traffic for the map. It shows where the port is, and where "our" beach is in Mayport:

image.jpg1_zpsuedhgefa.jpg

Here is our spot, as seen from the ship - it is just past a large pipeline:

c316c9dbc96cb47ec51e4435fe092805_zpsc175f1d2.jpg

On the ship, it is helpful if you stand in one of these two spots for me to zoom in... One is by the slides. The other is one deck down by the lido outside seating:

4385214456a6bbb8eaabc58a36447bc6_zps6faeee16.jpg

This is how I could zoom in for a picture or two. The top by the slides can get hot, so if you prefer shade, you can stand on the deck below by the cafe tables.

61c08dedf6d0460eeacbc4d768c9b3e6.jpg

If you would like to see my picture review of the ship, including tips, click here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1678948

APDMOM:

After all these years I'm back on the boards for a minute... I just wanted to let you know that I'm suing OOPS - "Using" not "Suing" :eek: an image of yours, one of the ship-abeam photos you took in May of 2012, as my wallpaper on 2 PC's now running Win-10, a Chrome-Book, and three tablets of various parentage.

I had hoped to re-paste it here, or to go back through the files and bring it forward, but no such luck. The metadata shows it was taken May 13, 2012, and was your file number DSC_0058.jpeg. I hope that's enough information to look it up, so you know which one I'm using.

Hi oldrailfan! It is great to hear from you! I checked on your profile a while ago and noticed that you have been inactive on the boards. Hope all is well! I will have to look that picture up, since I had to move most to an external drive. My photography hobby has filled my iMac! :D

• 3 weeks later...
We will be up by the slides. We will try to be at the very back next to the pole like the gentleman in the pic you posted above. Again thank you.

Hi sees, hope you are enjoying the last few hours on Fascination before returning! We got the pictures taken on Saturday. I just have not had a chance to upload them. I will try to work on them tomorrow. If you would like for me to e-mail them to you, just ask at APDMOM@live.com

:)

Me and my wife are sailing out of Jacksonville on the 29 of August. I was wondering if you still take pictures of the ship as it is leave?

Hi sees,

I have posted the pictures in the roll call for this sailing:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47645826&posted=1#post47645826

Let me know if you would like to have the larger files e-mailed to you:

APDMOM@live.com

Hope you had a great cruise!

• 1 month later...
Did you guys get any pictures of Oct 1st departure? I think I saw some people down there taking pics. I was on the rear Lido balcony.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to go out on Thursdays. Lately, there have been more people going to our spot to take pictures... hopefully someone from CC? :)

APDMOM,

We are sailing on October 5 sailing. Would love some shots as we sail since its our 5 year old first cruise!

Thanks.

Hi! Hope you are enjoying your cruise! We were able to get some pictures on Monday. I will load them onto Photo bucket tomorrow night and post them for you. :)

APDMOM,

Thanks.

I have posted the pictures of the October 5th sailaway on the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47963246&posted=1#post47963246

Here is one of my favorites:

image.jpg4_zpswzhdt2yw.jpg

Edited by APDMOM

APDMOM, You're The Greatest!!:) I still use one of your photos from our cruise four years ago as my desktop. Be Blessed! Mikey

Thank you for your kind words. We never tire of going down to see the ship off! :)

• 2 months later...

APDMOM, we are sailing on the Fascination January 2, 2016 out of jax. We would reallly appreciate it if you could get some pics of us leaving.

We will be in the first jr suite forward of the lifeboats on the Starboard side. Anything that you could do would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

APDMOM, we are sailing on the Fascination January 2, 2016 out of jax. We would reallly appreciate it if you could get some pics of us leaving.

We will be in the first jr suite forward of the lifeboats on the Starboard side. Anything that you could do would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, SurfCat,

I have added you to my calendar. It may be a bit dark when you get to our spot, but we will try anyway. Enjoy your final days of planning and packing! :)

Hi, SurfCat,

I have added you to my calendar. It may be a bit dark when you get to our spot, but we will try anyway. Enjoy your final days of planning and packing! :)

Thank you APDMOM. Half of the fun is in the anticipation!!

• 2 weeks later...
APDMOM,

I think that we saw your flash going off like crazy. Thank you so much. Hopefully it wasn't too dark. Talk to you when we get back from the Bahamas.

LOL! Yes, I took quite a few pictures... I used 3 cameras, as I was trying out a new one and I want to compare the quality of the 3 :D

Hope we captured you... we also saw some dolphins in front of the ship, so I got a couple of those. Will post tomorrow. Enjoy every moment of your cruise!