restricted words in posts - automatic filtering?

Tom-n-Cheryl

Are there certain KEY WORDS which are not allowed to be posted - and I do NOT mean profanity!

I tried (about 20 times) to post a thread regarding a 50ft wave hitting a cruise ship (reported through CNN today) and EVERY time I tried to make a NEW THREAD about it I got various types of FATAL ERROR messages. Yet I can start other posts (this one included) and reply to other threads.

See this thread for the link to the story that I CAN'T post a NEW THREAD about...:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2910955#post2910955

(a few times I can understand, but TWENTY attempts... this has been since 10:45 this morning!)

Tom

I have seen it happen where a post would be flagged for what they called "administrative review" or some such thaldercarb before being posted if certain words (not profanity either) appeared in the message.

What word did you think may have triggered it?

Are there certain KEY WORDS which are not allowed to be posted - and I do NOT mean profanity!

I tried (about 20 times) to post a thread regarding a 50ft wave hitting a cruise ship (reported through CNN today) and EVERY time I tried to make a NEW THREAD about it I got various types of FATAL ERROR messages. Yet I can start other posts (this one included) and reply to other threads.

See this thread for the link to the story that I CAN'T post a NEW THREAD about...:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2910955#post2910955

(a few times I can understand, but TWENTY attempts... this has been since 10:45 this morning!)

Tom

Here is a link that might help

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2873070#post2873070

I have seen it happen where a post would be flagged for what they called "administrative review" or some such thaldercarb before being posted if certain words (not profanity either) appeared in the message.

thaldercarb?

Here is the title I tried:

"Huge wave damages college-at-sea ship"

(I tried variations on this too...) and the message itself has already been posted in my other thread...

there is no telling...

TEF, for whatever reason, I like "thaldercarb" - but when I googled it, I had ZERO results...:D

----------------------------

Thanks for the link A.J. -- sounds familiar!

Tom

Here is the title I tried:

"Huge wave damages college-at-sea ship"

(I tried variations on this too...) and the message itself has already been posted in my other thread...

there is no telling...

TEF, for whatever reason, I like "thaldercarb" - but when I googled it, I had ZERO results...:D

----------------------------

Thanks for the link A.J. -- sounds familiar!

Tom

Thats old news, you can read about it here and everything else.... http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

That happened on 1/27

STeve

Guest Time2gocruzn

I saw that on the news! Those poor kids! They were all sitting on the floor of a big room with their life jackets on, and they were all SLIDING across the floor and screaming!:eek:

Djk, that was an amazing story! The gift shop and other common areas were a mess!!! I guess it was good that it was college students as they seemed to go with the flow... but the shots they showed were quite scarey!!! I am so thankful everyone was okay and I hope the ship gets repaired soon!!!

When I first heard of this I thought, "Uh-oh, here comes a wad of 'cruise from hell' posts on Cruisecritic." But after second thoughts, these kids are college students. When I was that age, my favorite expression was "hold my beer and watch this". They have short memory spans, and heal quickly. While there are likely some that will admit that it was terrifying, I'll wager the majority are telling there friends, "It was awesome."

Glad they made it through without serious injuries.

I think there are words that might be filtered. I tried to post something a while back, 4 letter word starts with a N and ends in ZI. When I pressed the submit button in showed up in the thread as ****

Yes, there are certain words and names that you can't post. Like a certain ex-poster whose name ends with Norman and a certain website that starts with Cruise and ends with Diva.

What's the story about that? I remember both of them...what happened?

What's the story about that? I remember both of them...what happened?

I am not sure as to the exact cause of the events - but I would guess that said individuals likely pushed the forum limits, or sufficiently stepped on someones toes.... to the point that they were BANISHED.... to the great CHAT BEYOND...

Tom

Guest Time2gocruzn
"hold my beer and watch this".

Ahhhh...the good ol days. That used to be my favorite, phrase by the way.;) If my 20's had a theme song, this would have been the title of it. Heck, I still catch myself saying it if I've had couple too many, lol. :D

Archived