Charge to use Snorkel Park?

ieatchickens

I was checking out the area online I read that there is a $10 per person charge to enter the area. Is that true?

If so I think I would rather spend my time at Horseshoe Bay or Tobacco Bay. I like that the SP is close to the ship but a short bus or ferry ride might be in order.

Thanks

I was checking out the area online I read that there is a $10 per person charge to enter the area. Is that true?

If so I think I would rather spend my time at Horseshoe Bay or Tobacco Bay. I like that the SP is close to the ship but a short bus or ferry ride might be in order.

Thanks

What site did you see that charge listed?

As far s I know, there is not a charge to enter and we did not pay one. There are charges for snorkel gear, chairs, etc. and to use the some of the water toys but not to enter, unless it's something new this year.

Yes, it is very close to the ship but do yourself a favor and go to one of the south shore beaches which are 20 minutes or so away. There is just no comparison between SP and the "good" beaches.:)

Here is the site that shows a $10 fee.

http://thewestend.bm/2010/05/14/snorkel-park-beach-grand-re-opening/

We are doing the helmet dive and won't return to the dockyard until 4-5pm so I was just going to spend the remainder of the day at SP and have a nice dinner on the ship then go over to Hamilton for the Harbor Nights Festival. Not sure if i want to take the bus to Horseshoe Bay at 5:30pm for just an hour at the beach.

We are doing the helmet dive and won't return to the dockyard until 4-5pm so I was just going to spend the remainder of the day at SP and have a nice dinner on the ship then go over to Hamilton for the Harbor Nights Festival. Not sure if i want to take the bus to Horseshoe Bay at 5:30pm for just an hour at the beach.

I think (but I could be wrong) that the $10 fee is just for their grand re-opening party being held today (Sunday, May 23).

I checked their facebook page and followed links to the news story of the re-opening.

Sea Hound:D

Oh, this makes a big difference since this is your schedule, and it does make sense to go to SP. Just didn't want you to think that it's a typical Bermuda beach and miss out on the others.:)

Have been to SP twice- last October and 3 weeks ago. There is no charge for entry- Chairs ( not lounges) will cost you $10 apiece. food and drinks are expensive ( expected) The bar plays music over loudspeakers- you may or may not like it. There are free restrooms and an outside shower to rinse off in. The water is always calm in the main area and the snorkeling is usually pretty decent for snorkeling off a beach- you can snorkel out to the edge of the fort in water that is 3-5 ft average- better snorkeling is on the other side of the rocks, but the water is a bit rougher. There are a few trees on the beach that offer free shade. The biggest negative is that the sand is not pink and very hard. The beach is only a 5 minute walk from the dock, so it's a good bet for an afternoon swim/snorkel after a morning excursion/exploration- it's close to shopping and the 3 restuarants ( which are even more expensive)

On another thread, someone just returned from Bermuda and enjoyed Snorkel Park. The said it was free, only a charge to rent chairs.

We were there in October last year and it was free to enter then too.

I think as of maybe last weekend Snorkel Park has changed. Three new people own it and have made it in to like a private kind of area. I'm not sure, but, hopefully during the day it will be free. They also added a restaurant, I think on the beach and there are more things to rent and some entertainment. I read this somewhere. They want it to be more for cruise and crew guests. They were comparing it to an excursion they used to have called Don't stop the carnival....there is a thread on here somewhere all about it. I haven't seen anything since the grand opening last weekend, maybe do a search:D

There was a bar and grill on the property before. Hamerhead's. They used to have beach parties before - not inexpensive - I remember my cabin steward complaining about the prices from a party the previous night!

And toys. Prices look the same on the new website. I tend to doubt a $10 entrance fee, or if so, it won't last.

P1090715.JPG

P1090706.JPG

P1090698.JPG

New website: http://www.snorkelparkbeach.com/

Hopefully someone who returns today on the Spirit will give us an update on Snorkel Park including if the are any daytime admission charges.

Hi there ...

I was at Snorkel Park a few weeks ago, and there is no charge for admission.

The only "extras" are the rentals that are mentioned in this thread.

Have a good time!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Snorkel Park last week and now have the definitive answer:

YES - there is now a charge to use the beach at snorkel park! $5 per person -- small children free. Ship's crew members are also free with ship's ID. I talked to a number of crew members who planned to party at the beach and Hammerhead's.

On the upside - there was a LOT of construction going on - they are building a number of hut-like structures - it was too early to imagine what they'll eventually be.

YES - there is now a charge to use the beach at snorkel park! $5 per person -- small children free. Ship's crew members are also free with ship's ID. I talked to a number of crew members who planned to party at the beach and Hammerhead's.

On the upside - there was a LOT of construction going on - they are building a number of hut-like structures - it was too early to imagine what they'll eventually be.

Looks like this is the reason they were asking for ship ID. They were not charging just cruise ship pax like someone thought, they were checking for crew so they wouldn't charge them.;)

Dh and I were in Bermuda last week as well. We went to snorkel park during the day and there was no charge. I did see a sign saying there was a beach party that night starting at 11 p.m. It was free to crew members and I don't know for everyone else. Dh asked about the wooden birdcage type things that they were building and one of the builders said they are BEDS...yes, I guess you can relax or whatever while listening to the music. Will someone please come back and tell me once they're finished if that is what they really are? I enjoy snorkel park and they are doing alot of work there and it's much nicer. imho:D

Archived