May 8th review 7 day Western Caribbean on the Triumph

smurfm69

I saw Avatar in the wind and a little rain the 2nd last night. I knew it would be shown again the last night, but wanted to see Legends.

I about frooze, couldnt believe it. To get out of the wind, i must have been in the a/c draft, but I so didnt want to miss a minute, enough to get my jacket from my cabin :D

It was better than I expected.

Great review...looks like a great vacation....

We just booked the Triumph for Dec 11th sailing with a couple of pre-cruise days in NOLA....and am wondering.....did you get the call for the upgrade or did you call to see what the price would be.... if any difference at all? I have booked inside, but am thinking of going ahead and changing to a balcony, and would love the opportunity to get an aft, but balcony would definitely do...had ours on Destiny and loved it!!!

Great review...looks like a great vacation....

We just booked the Triumph for Dec 11th sailing with a couple of pre-cruise days in NOLA....and am wondering.....did you get the call for the upgrade or did you call to see what the price would be.... if any difference at all? I have booked inside, but am thinking of going ahead and changing to a balcony, and would love the opportunity to get an aft, but balcony would definitely do...had ours on Destiny and loved it!!!

Actually, I was keeping track of the prices and when I saw there was a price drop, I asked about onboard credit. Because I had booked as a past guest, I couldn't get the OBC but was able to get the free upgrade which was nice. If you book early saver, you are eligible for onboard credit if the price drops. Hope you have a great time down here and on your cruise.

You guys are just too stinkin cute:) I am so happy you had a great time and thanks for the report. I do have a couple questions if you don't mind

Were there any kids on the ship? I would love to take a carnival cruise esp knowing that I only live 40 miles from the port but I would have to take my kids.

Is there a teen program? I have a 15yr old son that is getting tired of Disney stuff

My hubby and I don't drink,smoke or gamble would you say this would be the cruise for us?

Is there a big difference in room size from the balcony to the ocean view?

Sorry for all the questions but I have never taken a carnival cruise and they have an awesome rate right now for the month of Aug. and i'm trying to decide if I should grab it or not

You're gonna love the cruise out of San Juan. We did it in 08 on the Destiny and it may be my favorite cruise--even more so than Alaska.

2000 Imagination, 2006 Holiday, 2007 Triumph, 2008 Destiny, 2009 Spirit

6/12/2010 Triumph Sailing towards Platinum

You guys are just too stinkin cute:) I am so happy you had a great time and thanks for the report. I do have a couple questions if you don't mind

Were there any kids on the ship? I would love to take a carnival cruise esp knowing that I only live 40 miles from the port but I would have to take my kids.

There are always kids on Carnival ships lol

Is there a teen program? I have a 15yr old son that is getting tired of Disney stuff

Yes. until he is 18 I think.

My hubby and I don't drink,smoke or gamble would you say this would be the cruise for us?

Of course, do you like to watch shows, eat, play trivia, watch a movie on the big screen, swim, sit in a hot tub, play mini golf (they have a excellent 18 hole mini golf on this ship), and on and on.

Is there a big difference in room size from the balcony to the ocean view?

A OV is 220 s.f. The standard balcony is 185 s.f. plus 35 s.f. balcony, so both the same overall size. We prefer a OV, but that's us. We dont sit outside much.

Sorry for all the questions but I have never taken a carnival cruise and they have an awesome rate right now for the month of Aug. and i'm trying to decide if I should grab it or not

sorry smurf to steal your thunder ...

I'm enjoying your review. What cabin were you in? We have an aft balcony booked for our September cruise, same itenerary! We've never had one before and are looking forward to it.

Jennifer, we are in our first aft balcony also in Sept. #7428. Wondered when in Sept. are y'all going? We could be neighbors!

smurfm69, did your cabin have a couch?

Jennifer, we are in our first aft balcony also in Sept. #7428. Wondered when in Sept. are y'all going? We could be neighbors!

We are cruising 9/25, and are in cabin 6440. Maybe we will be neighbors on another cruise.

You can steal my thunder anytime firefly, you are more experienced than me. lol Our cabin did have a couch that folded out into a bed but it was just the two of us in there so no need for it.

Somebody asked about my camera, well it's an HP photosmart. It's a couple years old and only an 8 megapixel camera. It does take really good pics though especially outdoors during the day. I upgraded a few days ago to a Nikon L110 12 megapixel camera and wish i could have gotten it before this cruise. Oh well, will have it for the next one.

Our friend brought her 17 yr old son and there were others around his age to hang out with and he had a great time.

We were originally going to be in cabin 8405 but got upgraded to 8435 which is right next to the aft wrap balcony. Being on the back, you can't see where you're going but still enjoyed the larger back porch.

Hey you were in the aft balcony next to us. We were in 8433 the aft wrap.

leedm

Hey you were in the aft balcony next to us. We were in 8433 the aft wrap.

leedm

Oh cool, I remember saying hi to y'all a few times throughout the cruise. Jan was directly below you guys in the aft wrap on deck 7. This was a great cruise and we loved the Triumph.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived