Dress Code on Pride of America

What is allowed in the MDR on the Pride of America? We are doing a long pre and a long post cruise with the POA cruise thrown in the middle. Would prefer if we could get away with only capris for me and shorts for DH. I know that shorts are not acceptable on other itineraries BUT is Hawaii more relaxed? Please don't bash me...I am only asking a question. If it is NOT acceptable to wear shorts, we will definitely follow the dress code. Thanks!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to bash you (kidding). If my recollection is correct, one of the main dining rooms allows jeans, but neither allows shorts. Hawaii definitely seemed more relaxed to me and you might get by with dressy shorts, but I believe they are techinically against the dress code.

In three cruises on the POA I have not seen shorts in the main dining rooms except for breakfast or lunch . But shorts are always ok in the Aloha cafe and Aloha lanai or in the Cadillac diner .

Archived