PRIDE OF AMERICA ? Is it being redone? Should we wait til 4/1/11?

My husband and I would like to go to Hawaii on the Pride of America. We saw on-line that they're making deck changes after 3/31/11. Will it be renovated? Should we wait? But if we wait, will the prices go up b/c of the renovations?

Please let us know ASAP as we wanted to travel in Sept. and would book the trip now UNLESS you tell us to wait because the ship is in need of renovations (if that's so or not).

Thanks!

Living in Paradise!

Chuck & Phyllis :confused:

My husband and I would like to go to Hawaii on the Pride of America. We saw on-line that they're making deck changes after 3/31/11. Will it be renovated? Should we wait? But if we wait, will the prices go up b/c of the renovations?

Please let us know ASAP as we wanted to travel in Sept. and would book the trip now UNLESS you tell us to wait because the ship is in need of renovations (if that's so or not).

Thanks!

Living in Paradise!

Chuck & Phyllis :confused:

Book it now and watch for any price drops between when you booked and final payment which I doubt will happen..

Look at this years pricing for same cabin. Ie: Oct 9 2010 balcony is going for $1839, Oct 16 there are no balconies left.

We locked in aalmost a year ago at $1309 (before taxes) for an aft balcony.

Remember that NCL is the only cruiseline that goes out of Honolulu

In general, I wouldn't base a cruise date on refurb or not unless you are really flexible date-wise. Before the refurb is whale season, afterwards it will be over. Also, for pride of hawaii, do it for the itinerary and less for the cruise experience. You'll be in port and out and about quite a bit.

In general, I wouldn't base a cruise date on refurb or not unless you are really flexible date-wise. Before the refurb is whale season, afterwards it will be over. Also, for pride of hawaii, do it for the itinerary and less for the cruise experience. You'll be in port and out and about quite a bit.

pride of hawaii is not renamed to the Jade?

pride of hawaii is not renamed to the Jade?

There is no Pride of Hawaii - that is now the NCL Jade. I believe the previous poster made a simple error and meant Pride of America.

Pride of America is the last remaining "Pride" vessel in NCL's fleet.

Archived