Nassau Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure?

cruz.n.carebear

hey scubagirl, I read everything and I have a question for ya. I will be in dock 8-5 and wanted to do the ultimate snorkel with the 3 dive areas, is this possible you think and what link should i go thru to find out? You were saying that island marketing only sells stuff for other people, can you book this adventure direct with the snorkel boats? Thank ya:p

hey scubagirl, I read everything and I have a question for ya. I will be in dock 8-5 and wanted to do the ultimate snorkel with the 3 dive areas, is this possible you think and what link should i go thru to find out? You were saying that island marketing only sells stuff for other people, can you book this adventure direct with the snorkel boats? Thank ya:p

This will be a tight fit.

I think the AM pick up is 8:15am.. they WILL NOT wait if you are late.

The drop off time for the pm tour is 5:45 or later which won't work for you.

http://www.stuartcove.com/

o k , well thank you very much;), looks like we just might do the Blue Lagoon then and do some snorkeling in Freeport. Do you know of a good snorkel company that is in Freeport, or one that might take you out on a catamaran boat to snorkel? What ya think about doing the Blue Lagoon early, coming back at 1 and visiting Atlantis before boarding the boat? what ya think, thank ya. :cool:

o k , well thank you very much;), looks like we just might do the Blue Lagoon then and do some snorkeling in Freeport. Do you know of a good snorkel company that is in Freeport, or one that might take you out on a catamaran boat to snorkel? What ya think about doing the Blue Lagoon early, coming back at 1 and visiting Atlantis before boarding the boat? what ya think, thank ya. :cool:

Don't know about freeport, haven't snorkeled there in awhile.

As for Blue Lagoon, I think it's a good idea.. it's a fav of mine.. but I'd keep my options open to come back a 2pm instead of 1.. There's not that much to see for free at Atlantis, you don't need much time, and staying on the beach might feel like a better options. Stay loose.

awesome scubagirl, thank you so very much. You answer most of everyones answers on the boards, I appreciate that very much. So I guess you live over there? So what do you actaully do in Nassau? I heard there were not alot to see that was free, how about any shopping around the area when we get back about 2 from Blue Lagoon? I I hear that just taking the water taxi or taking a cab is the best way to hit Blue Lagoon right?

Looks like the Barefoot Cruise http://www.bahamasvacationguide.com/bsc.html

I didn't realize they did a full day on a Wednesday.

You should make sure YOU PERSONALLY tell the captain that you are on the ship and need to be back at port on time. I would suspect you'd be back around 4:15.. that would give you a few minutes to make it back to your ship.. it would be tight, but doable.

If I were you.. I'd contact the tour operator directly and see what they have to say.

Do you know much about the Barefoot Cruise and they're crew? Where do they drop us off? I assumed from the email I received that they would pick up and drop off where our ship docks???

awesome scubagirl, thank you so very much. You answer most of everyones answers on the boards, I appreciate that very much. So I guess you live over there? So what do you actaully do in Nassau? I heard there were not alot to see that was free, how about any shopping around the area when we get back about 2 from Blue Lagoon? I I hear that just taking the water taxi or taking a cab is the best way to hit Blue Lagoon right?

Blue Lagoon is located on a private Island off the north east coast of Paradise island. If you are booking with the cruiseship, the ferry will pick you up on the nearby wharf. if not, you need to take a taxi to the Paradise Island Ferry terminal on Paradise Island (about 10 minutes away and $4 pp.) You should be there 30 minutes before the scheduled ferry to BL.

Once you board the ferry to BL.. the trip takes about 20 minutes. Ferry is included in the price.

Do you know much about the Barefoot Cruise and they're crew? Where do they drop us off? I assumed from the email I received that they would pick up and drop off where our ship docks???

I too am indebted to you for all of the information you provide. It's very helpful and I will drink one in your honor when I'm sitting on one of pretty beaches there next month.

I'm still kinda new to this cruisecritic thing and am assuming that since we're 'friends' on the site that I can converse with you more directly (like facebook). However, I have yet to determine how to do that. So I am left to replying to posts and hoping that you happen to read mine. If there's a better way, please let me know.

Back to the original question at hand....I have emailed Barefoot Cruise and hope to get their assurance of getting back to the ship on time. Do you know much about them or their reputation? Do they pick up and drop off cruisers at the cruise ship? Grateful for all of your information.

I too am indebted to you for all of the information you provide. It's very helpful and I will drink one in your honor when I'm sitting on one of pretty beaches there next month.

I'm still kinda new to this cruisecritic thing and am assuming that since we're 'friends' on the site that I can converse with you more directly (like facebook). However, I have yet to determine how to do that. So I am left to replying to posts and hoping that you happen to read mine. If there's a better way, please let me know.

Back to the original question at hand....I have emailed Barefoot Cruise and hope to get their assurance of getting back to the ship on time. Do you know much about them or their reputation? Do they pick up and drop off cruisers at the cruise ship? Grateful for all of your information.

At the moment I'm not on Facebook, I did have my own forum, but closed it last year.. for now, I'll continue to answer here, for all to see and hopefully be helpful to others as well

As for Barefoot... they have a professional reputation.. The captain is not that personable,, but he really doesn't need to be. He's not mean or abusive, just doesn't smile much. The tour is worth it.. they go to Rose Island which is gorgeous, and you will have a good time.

I would assume they pick up downtown near the wharf, or have a pick up point nearby. You'd have to check with them directly. I rarely see them in the harbour.

• 4 weeks later...

I contacted stuarts cove and Island marketing...but they both said that my scheduled port time between 12 pm and 7 pm can't be accomodated with the 3-stop snorkelling trip...

GAH that sucks

this is their email: Hi Vonny,

Thank you for giving Stuart Cove's the opportunity to assist you with your Bahamas vacation plans.

Based on the time table you have indicated for your cruise port of call, we cannot provide service and guarantee you that we can either pick you up as required or get you back to your ship prior to departure. Our morning trips would pick you up at 7:45 am (we ask that you be in position at 7:30) and have you back to your ship around 1:30 pm while our afternoon trips pick you up at 11:45 (we ask that you be in position at 11:30) and have you back to your ship around 6:00 pm.

While we appreciate you wanting to patronize Stuart Cove's, a dive operation on the north side or the cruise line contracted vendor could better meet your needs in terms of time table. As such, we would recommend you contact:

• 1 year later...
Just came back yesterday - and the snorkeling trip was phenomenal. Seriously - it ranks in the top 5 experiences I've ever gotten to do. (And having lived in multiple continents and travelling extensively - I've gotten to do a lot!)

They pick you up right at the pier and it is an interesting 45 min drive to the cove. The ride there was part of the adventure! They drive on the wrong side of the road and car - and don't have the same tailgating rules! LOL The guys were awesome, and made us feel very comfortable. The four of us went up front and sat on the front of the boat the whole way out there, and my hat blew off after we started going really fast. They immediately turned around to go get it, even when I was telling them it was okay. They laughed about it and told me to sit on it for the rest of the trip. Along the way to the first stop, they saw dolphins and stopped so we could see them and take pitcures. It was a mom and her baby. Unbelievable.

We went to 3 stops. First one was by far my favorite. We were at a coral reef, and it was like swimming in an aquarium. We even saw a sting ray. I could have stayed there forever. For some reason, most people were staying close to the boat, but they told us to go and explore the reef, so that's what we did! The 2nd stop was at the submerged airplane used for Jaws 4. As soon as I got in the water and started swimming to the plane, I noticed a ton of jellyfish in the water. They were everywhere. My daughter got stung, and for those of you with daughters (especially 9 yr old ones!) will understand - she was done with that stop. Would not get back in the water and was shaken up by the experience. The crew was great, though, and sprayed vinegar on the bite and were supportive of her. At this point, though, both my husband and my son were getting sea sick so it was kind of a loss of a snorkel stop. Suggestion: Take bonine before you go. I didn't even think about getting sea sick.

After leaving the 2nd stop, we went to the stop where we snorkeled with the sharks. I had found some pictures online from someone who went, and I was hyperventilating just looking at the pictures. I wasn't sure if I could do it or not. My daughter decided not to go because she was still upset about the jellyfish. My son and husband went right in and were in awe. I decided that if I didn't do it, I'd regret not getting in afterwards so I went ahead and got in. This was not a free snorkel site - you had to hold on to the rope and a member of the crew was in the water with you at all times. It was amazing. These are not little sharks! They were probably 8-9 feet long. I got my pictures with the underwater camera, and as I was getting back in the boat, I noticed my daughter was putting her gear on. She had decided to go in, and wanted me to go back in with her. I was so proud of her, and ended up getting in with the sharks twice. I have to say that the crew was great. As my daughter was sitting on the back about to get in, she decided she couldn't do it. The guy told her she could, and eased her in very carefully starting with just putting her head in so she could see them. Before long, she was all the way in taking pictures.

I HIGHLY recommend taking this excursion. We took the 8:15 excursion, and were back on the ship by 1:45 to clean up and grab something to eat before heading back out to shop and explore.

This is my third trip to Nassau, and by far my favorite.

I have booked this for me and my significant other. We are sooo excited but curious as to how much it cost to get you to the excursion??

I have booked this for me and my significant other. We are sooo excited but curious as to how much it cost to get you to the excursion??

The transport is included in the excursion .. check the website for pick up times.. they are very strict about pick up and drop off times. Make sure you have enough time to make it.. they will NOT wait for you.

www.stuartcove.com

Ok...so I have checked out the Ultimate Snorkeling excursion on Island Marketing and have come to the conclusion that the timing is too risky since our ship leaves port at 6 pm. However, I did see a Hilton Day pass on that same site that offers a snorkeling package along with the pass. This sounds like it would be a really nice day for a family. Does anyone know which outfit they use for this combo package? Stuart Cove's just seems like it really would be the "ultimate" outfit to go with if possible! Looks amazing! I also checked out some excursions on the Best On Bahamas site and they offer a 3 hour snorkel tour that would be do-able timewise. They listed a 9:30 tour that would be done by 12:30 if the description is correct? Does anyone know if this excursion uses Stuart Cove's ? They didn't say but from the description they gave, it sure sounded like it. Any and all info would be appreciated! I am afraid that we will end up at Atlantis if I can't come up with something else that will work.

Ok...so I have checked out the Ultimate Snorkeling excursion on Island Marketing and have come to the conclusion that the timing is too risky since our ship leaves port at 6 pm. However, I did see a Hilton Day pass on that same site that offers a snorkeling package along with the pass. This sounds like it would be a really nice day for a family. Does anyone know which outfit they use for this combo package? Stuart Cove's just seems like it really would be the "ultimate" outfit to go with if possible! Looks amazing! I also checked out some excursions on the Best On Bahamas site and they offer a 3 hour snorkel tour that would be do-able timewise. They listed a 9:30 tour that would be done by 12:30 if the description is correct? Does anyone know if this excursion uses Stuart Cove's ? They didn't say but from the description they gave, it sure sounded like it. Any and all info would be appreciated! I am afraid that we will end up at Atlantis if I can't come up with something else that will work.

The Ultimate snorkeling package is from stuart cove.. the tour is the one listed from 9:30 -12:30.. but the tour operator is 50mins or more away. The pick up time for downtown (port) is 8:15 so unless you come in to port at 7, you won't make it.

They will NOT wait for you if you are not at the designated spot at 8:15

Thanks for clarifying that, Scubagirrl! I was thinking that the pickup time was 9:30 so I can definitely cross that off of my list. Do you happen to know who the BCH uses for that snorkel tour they offer with the day pass thru Island Marketing ? That may be another idea that could work for us!

Thanks for clarifying that, Scubagirrl! I was thinking that the pickup time was 9:30 so I can definitely cross that off of my list. Do you happen to know who the BCH uses for that snorkel tour they offer with the day pass thru Island Marketing ? That may be another idea that could work for us!

Blue water sports (www.bluewatersports.com)

Archived