Booked on Deck 2, is this okay or should I try and move up a deck?

tashiba

I'm sailing in 8 months on Rhapsody of the Seas with RCI. Bf and I booked a room on deck 2 (lowest deck available). Are we going to have a problem with noise or anything else? :confused:

I've tried to search for this kind of topic but can't seem to find one. We'd be okay with paying an extra couple hundred if it really would make a difference to our experience.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Deck 2 is the lowest passenger deck, but there are crew decks and the "works" of the ship below that....noise shouldn't be an issue, unless you are in one of the very front cabins on deck 2...sometimes, you will hear anchor/thruster noise if you're in the first 8 or so cabins.

The only downside is having to use an elevator to get almost anywhere....lots of flights to the pool!

Thank you so much for your help! We're going to be mid-ship, I just hope there's no noise, I'm a stupidly light sleeper. :(

And waiting for the elevator or running up some stairs doesn't really bother either of us (yet, at any rate hehe).

Thanks again for your help :D

My first cruise I was on deck 2, midship. I don't know if it was all the traveling or the weather, but I felt seasick the first night. I took Dramamine and got some sleep and it was a bit better the next day. After that I never noticed it. I had never been on a large ship, but had taken boat cruises on small rivers so I was surprised that I was seasick. Now, I cruised a couple years ago and was on deck four, midship, and didn't feel a thing.

The only noise you may hear is when the ship docks, but I noticed it on deck four as well, just not as loud (and it's not like it was that loud to begin with, just using that for comparison).

Have a good time!

Archived