bathroom electrical outlets

CarolynB

The last time we sailed Carnival (Elation) the electric outlet in the bathroom was useless for us. We are sailing on the Spirit this time, will the outlet be a regular one that is useful to a US passenger?

Thanks for the information. I had no idea that is the way it worked. Thanks again.

I have seen two different configurations. One simply slide the cover over, the other had to pull the cover out and twist it. Directions are on the cover.

But they only have enought power for a shaver...Although I can charge my camera there. However, you have to have the light switch on for the outlet to be active. EM

True, they are low wattage. They do work fine for chargers. I found out the hard way about the light switch having to be on to work. Nothing like finding a dead camera battery after thinking it was charging over night.

They are usually connected to the bathroom light switch, so you need to leave the light on (ala Motel 6) for the outlet to be live.

I usually plug a nightlight in in the bathroom, and it works on other lines, but not on Carnival. But my last cruise I tried out a battery powered motion sensor light that attached to the bathroom door with magnets. It was kind of bright, but worked great. EM

I usually plug a nightlight in in the bathroom, and it works on other lines, but not on Carnival. But my last cruise I tried out a battery powered motion sensor light that attached to the bathroom door with magnets. It was kind of bright, but worked great. EM

Leave the bathroom light and it works.

OTOH, leave the bathroom light on and closing the door works great as a nightlight!

Archived