Anyone doing the HCG diet?

Glenlea...sorry you are running into difficulties. Because I have a physically demanding job, I had eat my foods, every three hours or so. I never really ate very many meals. I would have an apple in the a.m. and coffee (I used the stevia caramel cream flavor). The stevia really didn't make the coffee taste like it had cream in it but it was bearable. I learned to get by with less coffee. With the supplements I take, I had to have something in my stomach.

Sandyjabs...they do have some sugar free cold meds out there, look in the diabetic aisle. They may have some other sugars in it but don't be miserable if it comes down to having to take something. This may just slow the weight loss or you may just have a short stall. I think people need to allow for adjustments in HCG...but it is a personal choice.

Liz...LOL...we can start a fundraiser for you so you can get a new keyboard...it has been very entertaining though.

AZ....hope you aren't having any suggested (sympathy) morning sickness;~)

I hope that ARMY gets back soon and lets us know how the trip went.

I am going to go and get a new supply of HCG today...I will start loading on Sept 12th! Round three and hope to get 15-20 pounds off.

Welcome Bud!

I have not used stevia. I noticed my protocol calls for gum with only Xylotol (Ice Cubes has that, my hygenist recommended that for me years ago as the Xylotol kills bacteria, and I chew it after I eat if I am somewhere that I cannot brush). I was in the local health food store and noticed bags of Xylotol, so I bought some. It is crystals similar to sugar but does not 'melt' into coffee well so I just keep stirring. I have two small cups about 8 oz in the mornings with frothed 1% milk, then drink it black if I want more. I have an expresso machine that makes a cup in a jiffy for me.

Liz, my sister lives in Kingwood (Bear Branch I think). She has been there since 1988. One of her daughters is now an English teacher at one of the Jr. highs. We will be there for a double christening of her two grand children this weekend.

Yikes, another weekend away from home. We have a celebration on my hubbies side of the family on Sat. and then one Sunday lunch with my side. If I can find out where we are eating Sat. I can plan ahead. Sunday is Mexican food. That I can do well: chicken fajita meat, lettuce, tomatoes/onion/peppers - easy.

YEAH! Finally another pound - down eleven! Now, seeing how the scale stopped last weekend after my 'faltering', I see that I do not want to repeat that this weekend!!!!! NOT WORTH IT.

Have a GREAT day ladies!

Glenlea, I'm so sorry you're struggling today. My son struggled for 9 days but he had LOTS of monster rinks to clear out of his system. I would often have tomatoes, daily actually. Melbas will help. Might want that cofffffffffffee

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Bud!

I have not used stevia. I noticed my protocol calls for gum with only Xylotol (Ice Cubes has that' date=' my hygenist recommended that for me years ago as the Xylotol kills bacteria, and I chew it after I eat if I am somewhere that I cannot brush). I was in the local health food store and noticed bags of Xylotol, so I bought some. It is crystals similar to sugar but does not 'melt' into coffee well so I just keep stirring. I have two small cups about 8 oz in the mornings with frothed 1% milk, then drink it black if I want more. I have an expresso machine that makes a cup in a jiffy for me.

Liz, my sister lives in Kingwood (Bear Branch I think). She has been there since 1988. One of her daughters is now an English teacher at one of the Jr. highs. We will be there for a double christening of her two grand children this weekend.

Yikes, another weekend away from home. We have a celebration on my hubbies side of the family on Sat. and then one Sunday lunch with my side. If I can find out where we are eating Sat. I can plan ahead. Sunday is Mexican food. That I can do well: chicken fajita meat, lettuce, tomatoes/onion/peppers - easy.

YEAH! Finally another pound - down eleven! Now, seeing how the scale stopped last weekend after my 'faltering', I see that I do not want to repeat that this weekend!!!!! NOT WORTH IT.

Have a GREAT day ladies![/size']

Stevia is hardly palatable for me. When I did a yeast-free diet, we could use Zylitol. I like it in gum, but it kind of has a cooling effect in my mouth which is a bit odd for coffee and stuff.

I hate those uncontrolled eating situations! I have had 3 luncheons this week which has been difficult. It's not so bad when I can plan ahead.

Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm just about into a new number bracket, so I'm pretty excited about that. Too bad I've lost this same weight over and over.

Glenlea, Budsamwalt, and SandyJabs....Welcome

You all seem to be doing great right off the bat.. These girls here can give you the best advise of any board I have been on...Stick with them!!

I though Army was only going to be gone for 2 weeks. Seems like an eternity.....Come back Army, Come Back!!

Baby Cakes (AZ)..sure hope the little ones not giving you to many issues (You know you are going to pay for that one for a long time). Where are you girl. You always make my day...

Big, you're starting on Sept 12th..Good luck to you. Hey let me ask you this..do you think the water aerobics helped you lose weight. Mine sure doesn't seems to be coming off very fast. People in their first week are losing more than I have lost after 2 Weeks...(9.9 lbs) I'm thinking that I will do some sort of exercise even though it doesn't seem to be permitted. Everyone else is doing it and seems to be losing weight..

Liz...Since you like Vegas you could fly here and we could walk the strip and drink water...Heck it's been 111 here.....the fat would just melt off of us.....I could even send you home with a keyboard.

Medi.....I'm so glad your scale started to move again for you. I think you know what you can and cannot do this weekend...I wish you lots of luck there...Espresso..........yummmmmmmmmm....I want some!!

BLUE EYES, BLOCK, JENNIFER, DISNEY....if you are lurking, pop in to say hi...All of your stories have helped me so much!! This is just such a great board...

I wish everyone a lighter day on the scales tomorrow....

Cyndee

Hi everyone. wow, today was much easier. Day 2 of the VLCD. And i weighed in this morning with a 1.1kg loss. YES!! I eased up on the water today and this was far more manageable. I did again have gum, but need it to keep awake. I am not sleeping well since i started the drops but i am sure it will all come right shortly.

I will try your sugestion medicalma'am and will try frothing my milk to make it feel like it will go further.

I dont particularly like stevia, and have been using the Purevia which i dont like either. I had tried Perfect Sweet and this is not bad but expensive ($20 for 225g bag). We dont get the flavoured stevia in NZ. I might look for some when i am on holiday. The other thing is the miracle noodles that was suggested. Wow, noodles with no calories! These would be my favorite item in my cupboard if we could buy them here, which unfortunately the company that supplies them does not ship here either.

Its only 4 weeks today until my holiday so i am getting really excited and looking foward to doing a measure up in a few days.

I will be doing some walking on this diet though. I rented a treadmill to try to get my fitness level up as i am expecting to do so much walking through every place we are visiting. (i work at a desk so really dont do any exercise) I will try not to build up a sweat but i do want to walk up to 5 kilometers per day.

Thanks for all the support everyone, keep posting.

ROBO POST:

"Big, you're starting on Sept 12th..Good luck to you. Hey let me ask you this..do you think the water aerobics helped you lose weight. Mine sure doesn't seems to be coming off very fast. People in their first week are losing more than I have lost after 2 Weeks...(9.9 lbs) I'm thinking that I will do some sort of exercise even though it doesn't seem to be permitted. Everyone else is doing it and seems to be losing weight.."

I didn't do much during P2, but needed to firm up a little and wasn't concentrating on weight loss at that point (P3) I did find some water aerobic classes that were more intense and sculpting than your regular ones. They used weights on your ankles and bells (like small buckets with holes for resistance) on your hands...those you noticed a difference. I can tell when I do not do my sit/ ups or crunches...tend to get a little fluffy on the mid section. For P2...I would do walking and maybe keep with some water aerobics. Are you eating much beef? Shrimp? I know for me, they decreased my loss...so I did alot of fish and chicken...BUT you are doing great, try not to compare yourself to others.

So do the Miracle Noodles have any carbs? I have used a similar product and did not use it until P3 because it did have some carbs in it....is it a soy based?

Finding I seem to slip some during the week-ends on the weight and then clean the diet up some and get back on track. I am hoping this is just a summer time thing...too much socialization!

ROBO POST:

"Big, you're starting on Sept 12th..Good luck to you. Hey let me ask you this..do you think the water aerobics helped you lose weight. Mine sure doesn't seems to be coming off very fast. People in their first week are losing more than I have lost after 2 Weeks...(9.9 lbs) I'm thinking that I will do some sort of exercise even though it doesn't seem to be permitted. Everyone else is doing it and seems to be losing weight.."

I didn't do much during P2, but needed to firm up a little and wasn't concentrating on weight loss at that point (P3) I did find some water aerobic classes that were more intense and sculpting than your regular ones. They used weights on your ankles and bells (like small buckets with holes for resistance) on your hands...those you noticed a difference. I can tell when I do not do my sit/ ups or crunches...tend to get a little fluffy on the mid section. For P2...I would do walking and maybe keep with some water aerobics. Are you eating much beef? Shrimp? I know for me, they decreased my loss...so I did alot of fish and chicken...BUT you are doing great, try not to compare yourself to others.

So do the Miracle Noodles have any carbs? I have used a similar product and did not use it until P3 because it did have some carbs in it....is it a soy based?

Finding I seem to slip some during the week-ends on the weight and then clean the diet up some and get back on track. I am hoping this is just a summer time thing...too much socialization!

Here's what I know about Miracle Noodles:

They also go by the name Shirataki.

They do make Shirataki noodles with tofu which have carbs. The pure "Miracle Noodles" don't.

They are actually part of the konjac plant--I think.

They are generally packed in water and STINK when you open the package. You have to rinse them well.

They are not the consistency of noodles we have come to love and can't have. They remind me a bit of calamari or rubber bands.

They are pretty much just fiber.

They did not affect my weight loss negatively. :)

I did choke on one and have not been able to eat them since! :eek:

Here's what I know about Miracle Noodles:

They also go by the name Shirataki.

They do make Shirataki noodles with tofu which have carbs. The pure "Miracle Noodles" don't.

They are actually part of the konjac plant--I think.

They are generally packed in water and STINK when you open the package. You have to rinse them well.

They are not the consistency of noodles we have come to love and can't have. They remind me a bit of calamari or rubber bands.

They are pretty much just fiber.

They did not affect my weight loss negatively. :)

I did choke on one and have not been able to eat them since! :eek:

Yes, I have the Shirataki noodles and they also stink to high heavens...I parboil them after rinsing them and use them mainly in soups. They are rubber like but sometimes it is what gets you by.

I will have to check out the Miracle ones, so I can try them in P2.

I know what you mean about choking on them, you really have to chew them good or they slide right down the gullet! Thanks for the info:)

OK Gals, I think I can get along without the Miracle Noodles! They sound really GROSS.:eek:

One half pound today. I have been sticking to chicken and fish and I think it has helped. Today is a fish day. I am going to try muchrooms, tomatoes and a splash of spicy V8 in the recipe.

I also think I will get on my treadmill in a few to ramp up my metabolism. I stand and walk a lot at work but do not get the same number of steps in as my old job in ICU. Our unit was HUGE and sometimes I had walked three or more miles at the end of a 12 hour shift!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I am here Robo I was pulling a Big..:D

I think I really may have a baby in my tummy..

It keeps getting bigger. I loss my two lbs I gained

and then I gain it back. Humm maybe the blood test

was right.:rolleyes:

Looks like you all are doing great. Keep up the good work

girls and remember water water water.. Oh yeah

this ones for liz measure...

Have a great weekend, AZ aka babycakes ;)

Hi everyone. Well day 3 today of the VLCD and my weigh in this morning was another 500g loss. I am happy with that. I did a measure up to see if anything was moving, and wow! 12cm loss in total. Tried on my dresses i have bought for the cruise, still snug but i can breath in them. YES:D.

I am not starving anymore. I seem to have got over that crutch. I am enjoying the food, even trying to find new recipes that work for me.

Good luck everyone.

See you soon :rolleyes:

I am here Robo I was pulling a Big..:D

I think I really may have a baby in my tummy..

It keeps getting bigger. I loss my two lbs I gained

and then I gain it back. Humm maybe the blood test

was right.:rolleyes:

Looks like you all are doing great. Keep up the good work

girls and remember water water water.. Oh yeah

this ones for liz measure...

Have a great weekend, AZ aka babycakes ;)

Whew Babycakes (AZ) I was worried..Well how long now on P3....you're doing great..That up two down two is right on track.

I seem to be doing the "Lose .4 or .6........Gain .2 or .3 but it is still going down. I am still just lovin' this diet.

Liz I did take my measurements on day 1 but have not taken them since. When I need a pick me up I will do that. RATM Sparkling Water with Lemon Stevia in it on the rocks in a huge wine glass is my love. I feel like I am being bad and yet I'm not.

Big...I sure wish that I had a water aerobics class that was advanced with the weights etc...I live in a 55 plus community and we have a club house that have a gym about the size of the Fitness19 that I used to go to and has everything from Yoga to Pliates, Zumba, Boot Camp, Water Aerobics offered. A lot of them are offered during the day and I, of course, am working but there are still a few in the evenings. I'm trying to figure out which class would be the best for me right now. Maybe I should just stick to the Eliptical (sp) and work my way up.

Liz.....where are you girl;)

Glenlea...I'm so glad it is going easier for you...Maybe we could send you some flavored Stevia if you can't find it. I made myself a couple of coffee's this morning over ice with Vanilla Creme Stevia and it is fabulous. Not Milk Needed.

ARMY WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!

Whew Babycakes (AZ) I was worried..Well how long now on P3....you're doing great..That up two down two is right on track.

I seem to be doing the "Lose .4 or .6........Gain .2 or .3 but it is still going down. I am still just lovin' this diet.

Liz I did take my measurements on day 1 but have not taken them since. When I need a pick me up I will do that. RATM Sparkling Water with Lemon Stevia in it on the rocks in a huge wine glass is my love. I feel like I am being bad and yet I'm not.

Big...I sure wish that I had a water aerobics class that was advanced with the weights etc...I live in a 55 plus community and we have a club house that have a gym about the size of the Fitness19 that I used to go to and has everything from Yoga to Pliates, Zumba, Boot Camp, Water Aerobics offered. A lot of them are offered during the day and I, of course, am working but there are still a few in the evenings. I'm trying to figure out which class would be the best for me right now. Maybe I should just stick to the Eliptical (sp) and work my way up.

Liz.....where are you girl;)

Glenlea...I'm so glad it is going easier for you...Maybe we could send you some flavored Stevia if you can't find it. I made myself a couple of coffee's this morning over ice with Vanilla Creme Stevia and it is fabulous. Not Milk Needed.

ARMY WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!

We have been on PH 3 for one week. I have only added a few things

still very scared. I was up 3 total today..:( DH down another lb..

He is added all kinds of things to his diet. Something not right here!

I am going to do a correction day tomorrow. Big have you heard of this??

Instead of a steak day you eat 32 ounce of Full Fat Greek yogurt called

fage. You can mix 1 C of berries you spread it out over the day. Also

some add sweeter. I bought vanilla cream stevia today. I let you

know how it goes. Suppose to lose 1-3lbs.

Robo hang in there girl. I had many days with NO loss then I would

lose a lb here and there but the inches come off.

DH and I would love to live in a community like yours, How long have

you lived in the 55 plus community? We are looking at one we love.

Maybe make the move next year. I am not 50 yet but DH is. How long have you been in Vegas?

Where are all you girls at??? Stop by and say hi let us know

how your doing..

Hope you all have a loser week..

Robo...you can actually purchase these items online or at a sports store and use them in the regular water aerobics class. They really do tone.

AND YES...where in the world is ARMY?

I'm going to hit Amazon and see if I can find some weights etc. Thanks for the tip Big....

AZ I love the vanilla creme stevia. I love it in coffee(iced) and in sparkling water......

We have lived in Sun City for 3 years now. We bought from the builder so you only have to be 50 and not 55.....DH qualifies but not me at 55.....The funny thing is. There really isn't that many OLD people here. It's great. Best move we made. We had a 1/2 acres with a big house here and before the market went totally south we sold it and moved here.

Have a fabulous day everyone and if anyone is back east...I hope you made it thru all the rough weather yesterday.

Cyndee

We have been on PH 3 for one week. I have only added a few things

still very scared. I was up 3 total today..:( DH down another lb..

He is added all kinds of things to his diet. Something not right here!

I am going to do a correction day tomorrow. Big have you heard of this??

Instead of a steak day you eat 32 ounce of Full Fat Greek yogurt called

fage. You can mix 1 C of berries you spread it out over the day. Also

some add sweeter. I bought vanilla cream stevia today. I let you

know how it goes. Suppose to lose 1-3lbs.

Robo hang in there girl. I had many days with NO loss then I would

lose a lb here and there but the inches come off.

DH and I would love to live in a community like yours, How long have

you lived in the 55 plus community? We are looking at one we love.

Maybe make the move next year. I am not 50 yet but DH is. How long have you been in Vegas?

Where are all you girls at??? Stop by and say hi let us know

how your doing..

Hope you all have a loser week..

Are you getting in at least 1500 calories a day? That is important in P3, this is where you re-set the metabolism. I would avoid a correction day for another day or two. Pick up the exercise a little, drink the water:) and be sure to get the calories in. Men just generally have a better time losing....makes me mad but what can you do.

If you are still worried about adding foods, do more of what you are allowed and like, veggies..PROTEIN! and easy on the dairy and watch the fruits (sugar). Also keep your sodium intake in check, especially with all this hot weather.

Good luck to you and maybe rubbing that lucky husband's head will bring you some:D

I'm going to hit Amazon and see if I can find some weights etc. Thanks for the tip Big....

AZ I love the vanilla creme stevia. I love it in coffee(iced) and in sparkling water......

We have lived in Sun City for 3 years now. We bought from the builder so you only have to be 50 and not 55.....DH qualifies but not me at 55.....The funny thing is. There really isn't that many OLD people here. It's great. Best move we made. We had a 1/2 acres with a big house here and before the market went totally south we sold it and moved here.

SHHOO you took my breath away from a minute Robo when you said SunCity..:eek: We have SunCity here in AZ also, then I remembered LV..

The place we looked and want to be at is a new community and mostly young folks.. 45-65.

How are you doing on the scales today?

I am sick , sick, sick - I have Bronchitis and Tonsilitis. Dr. put me on albuterol inhaler bc I'm wheezing , cough med with codeine, Augmentin antibiotic :(

I have been coughing my head off and really dont have an appetite anyway but I did have chicken noodle soup - I cant even swallow apples or melba toast right now my throat is so sore. I managed to eat an orange and I made some cabbage soup with chicken in it and I used Miso soup mix for flavor it has 1g sugar, I put some garlic powder, onion powder, salt pepper and some sugar free salsa for the tomatoe and water- (my diet allows unlimited cabbage and SF salsa) it wasnt bad and filled me up.

I have been drinking lots of hot tea, with splenda though :( When I am feeling better I am going to get the vanilla cream stevia. I have not been successful at taking my drops 3x day either. I may just need to start new, IDK?? I have lost 4 lbs but probably bc I am sick.

Oh and I have to pee a lot too

Are you getting in at least 1500 calories a day? That is important in P3, this is where you re-set the metabolism. I would avoid a correction day for another day or two. Pick up the exercise a little, drink the water:) and be sure to get the calories in. Men just generally have a better time losing....makes me mad but what can you do.

If you are still worried about adding foods, do more of what you are allowed and like, veggies..PROTEIN! and easy on the dairy and watch the fruits (sugar). Also keep your sodium intake in check, especially with all this hot weather.

Good luck to you and maybe rubbing that lucky husband's head will bring you some:D

Big thanks for checking in:)

I exercise every day.. I walk/job 2 miles every day.

Plus I LOVE water that's all I drink besides my morning coffee

I get well over the recommenced amount. Plus I have upped my

protein no dairy and we don't use salt.. Mrs Dash

So now what ya got for me girlie??;)

I will count my calories maybe not eating enough, I though

about cutting out one of my fruits..

Big I rub DH belly..:D

Big thanks for checking in:)

I exercise every day.. I walk/job 2 miles every day.

Plus I LOVE water that's all I drink besides my morning coffee

I get well over the recommenced amount. Plus I have upped my

protein no dairy and we don't use salt.. Mrs Dash

So now what ya got for me girlie??;)

I will count my calories maybe not eating enough, I though

about cutting out one of my fruits..

Big I rub DH belly..:D

:DHmmm...you are a tough cookie to break.....I just read an article about the water, that 1/2 your body weight in ounces is better than going overboard. Don't know if that applies. After what we have been saying about water, water, water....I may have to re-think this on my next round.

If the exercise you get at/to work is a daily thing, you body may be used to that and maybe you can kick it up a notch. I am a horrible exerciser as I have a physical job and just don't like exercise besides swimming and walking. I am so uncoordinated, I embarrassed myself at an aerobic class a few years ago and ain't been back since.:o

P3 is also not much a weight loss phase, it is a maintaining and re-setting. How fortunate for the DH to lose but that gain for you really isn't out of the ordinary. They say you should stay in the 2 pound range of LDW.

SOOOOO...that is about all I can think of now, but maybe someone else has some ideas or experience they would like to share. I would still wait a day or two and see if you get back down to the LDW before doing a correction day.

Best wishes to you and I will return!

SHHOO you took my breath away from a minute Robo when you said SunCity..:eek: We have SunCity here in AZ also, then I remembered LV..

The place we looked and want to be at is a new community and mostly young folks.. 45-65.

How are you doing on the scales today?

My lately seems to be...up .3 or .4 and then down .8 so I'm losing about .5 every other day and then every once in awhile I throw in a 1.?? I'm ok with that....I think I have to get into an exercise routine and then it will start coming off a little better. I'm just amazed that after 17 days I am down 11.4..that's better than I could do at 3 month of WW...

Go for the SunCity....We love love love it......

:DHmmm...you are a tough cookie to break.....I just read an article about the water, that 1/2 your body weight in ounces is better than going overboard. Don't know if that applies. After what we have been saying about water, water, water....I may have to re-think this on my next round.

If the exercise you get at/to work is a daily thing, you body may be used to that and maybe you can kick it up a notch. I am a horrible exerciser as I have a physical job and just don't like exercise besides swimming and walking. I am so uncoordinated, I embarrassed myself at an aerobic class a few years ago and ain't been back since.:o

P3 is also not much a weight loss phase, it is a maintaining and re-setting. How fortunate for the DH to lose but that gain for you really isn't out of the ordinary. They say you should stay in the 2 pound range of LDW.

SOOOOO...that is about all I can think of now, but maybe someone else has some ideas or experience they would like to share. I would still wait a day or two and see if you get back down to the LDW before doing a correction day.

Best wishes to you and I will return!

Big I love ya girlie..:p You have ALL the answers..:)

I will try and kick up my exercise that was a great idea.

I didnt listen though..:o I did the correction day yesterday..

I lost 3lbs.:D I am a happy camper.. DH up 3. We just keep passing

it back and fourth. I am VERY confident this time in my weight loss

that I will have a handle on it and stay within range. I have never

had greek yogurt before WOW that was good tasted like whip

cream. Has anyone tryed it??

Where the heck is everyone??

Hi everyone. It has been so fun reading about everyone's stories, successes and struggles. I started on this journey a year ago and have done three rounds so far. I have lost 57 pounds and at least 36 inches (didn't measure at the beginning). I am debating starting another, and hopefully last, round next week. I am happy with what size of clothes I am in, but would like to loose a bit more. This has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me, plus I have lowered my thyroid prescription by half, so far. The thing holding me back is all the things coming up, but would like to be as skinny as I can be before my cruise.

Good luck to everyone on your journey!

Archived