Oil Stopped LIVE CAM LINK!!!

going2cruz

I just pray it stops soon...it just makes me sick to think of all the damage done thus far. :(

Me too. The comparison to Valdez in terms of sheer quantity is just so much more vast as I understand it. CNN had pictures of this plan starting to work in the wee hours this am, but knowing there is still environmental fallout from Valdez and seeing it hit all the marshes/wetlands and hearing of the further multi-task early "lack" of action planning and organization yesterday made me miserable thinking about it.

This little post and prayers to all efforts and for joint, cohesive, concilliatory all-out action is all I can do; it is so painful to me. It's hitting me and feels a little like the big nuclear accident in Russia in the eighties..so many questions..so much hidden fallout to be discovered.

Me too. The comparison to Valdez in terms of sheer quantity is just so much more vast as I understand it. CNN had pictures of this plan starting to work in the wee hours this am, but knowing there is still environmental fallout from Valdez and seeing it hit all the marshes/wetlands and hearing of the further multi-task early "lack" of action planning and organization yesterday made me miserable thinking about it.

This little post and prayers to all efforts and for joint, cohesive, concilliatory all-out action is all I can do; it is so painful to me. It's hitting me and feels a little like the big nuclear accident in Russia in the eighties..so many questions..so much hidden fallout to be discovered.

Post 911 and Katrina in this day and age we will learn and take the measures to be proactively prepare for the worst case scenarios.....at least that will be the silver lining.

Got to wonder why CNN has not mentioned this.

They do selective reporting. CNN and NBC got hold of video of a ship being washed off at the mouth of Mobile Bay and ran with it, but, they failed to report that it is a Mobile based ship coming back from working in the middle of the spill, and not just some random ship that trekked through the slick. They blew the whole thing way out of proportion. I don't trust any of the national news outlets anymore.

Don't count on it. :)

I have too.........................don't under estimate the generation hold them accountable...........look how US Airlines flight 1549 turned out......sorry I do beleive in people!

Post 911 and Katrina in this day and age we will learn and take the measures to be proactively prepare for the worst case scenarios.....at least that will be the silver lining.

Thanks for your nice comment. It is how I try to think too.

Last night I listened to a lot of the further info on CNN and C-Span. They should have learned form Valdez with respect to clean up's and checks and balances with respect to these companys etc. ; when a spill happens. But yet again the fox is in charge of the hens because of no proper checks and balances and a monopoly on this level of deep sea drilling and capacity to handle the fix ; what happened there yesterday did help with the President's words, and I think it is great that New Orleans and Louisiana after Katrina will not take the "guff". They are standing strong and tall; this is so bad that I do believe the astronomical amount of the continuing spill, tri-area leak, and this being what is now presumed as what the "worst manmade environmental accident for US in our history" will make a difference...so many people loosing their fishing and habitat damage unknown... just all the dreadful unknowns..4 or 5 weeks of it going on already and the damage at the source of the food chain...yes my prayer is it is such a wake up call that things will have to change..we may not be able to save our oceans to some degree..but we have to start..this is I'm afraid a nightmare. It can not be covered up in the end...it is too vast and that is the sad silver lining that brings truth of the whole matter. So much will be learned; about this spill and the total overall ocean damage from the past 100 years. About these chemicals used, leaks in pipe bends and at these depths, management, and checks and balance failures do motivate for change. This one will be in our face. Truly what you said is a comfort because I think the state/fed will bring the proper criminal litigation to make changes this time. The South will not take it. It is sad that things had to get to this level of critical mass.

Again thanks for your words, it is the only way to think...just afraid of the potential and I dare say probable damage...I pray we learn deeply from this fallout. And it helps us all look to healing our sea...re-thinking everything and acting on it. And I speak for myself when I write this..want to learn more and do something..little drop in bucket.

Archived