logistics for spending a post cruise day in SEA

realent

We would like to book our flight out late on the night we disembark and spend the day in Seattle.

Any recommendations for transportation and where to store our luggage?

My first recommendation would be to rent a car, put your luggage in the trunk, and drive it to the airport that night.

Second is to taxi to the airport from the ship, leave the bags at Ken's Baggage storage, then ride the light rail from the airport downtown, do your sightseeing, then light rail back to the airport, retrieve bags, and off you go. http://www.kensbaggage.com/

The car will probably cost around $70 for the day; the taxi to the airport would be around $40 - $50, $8-$9 per bag for storage, and the train is $2.50 per person each way, so $10 overall. If you have 2 bags, the cost virtually washes with the car. If you have 3, then you're probably ahead with the car, not counting parking downtown or gas. The car will obviously be more convenient in terms of time management. Also with the car, if you wanted to see some sights outside the downtown area (Museum of Flight, Ballard Locks, U of W campus, Fremont, Arboretum, Seward Park etc.) the car would be the only way to go.

WOW, Thank you so much for the ideas and for that great link! What a wonderful source!

What do you think about leaving our bags checked at the pier. Taking some kind of transportation down to the market and down town then getting a car to take us back to the pier, pick up our luggage and head to the airport or am I all over the map with this idea?

other idea, taxi to Westin Hotel and hand bags to bell guys. They won't care if you stay there or not. then sightsee and at end of day take the airport shuttle from Westin to Seatac for $11 pp. On tripadvisor.com seattle forum there is a one day itinerary without a car on right top under FAQ's.

other idea, taxi to Westin Hotel and hand bags to bell guys. They won't care if you stay there or not. then sightsee and at end of day take the airport shuttle from Westin to Seatac for $11 pp. On tripadvisor.com seattle forum there is a one day itinerary without a car on right top under FAQ's.

OMG,,,, Thank you so much... Perfect idea. I just want to fly out that day so I can spend the day at the market.. (and eat hot donuts!)

This is a great plan for us too - thanks for the suggestion (we cruise in July on the Carnival Spirit). I actually want to ship/mail part of my wardrobe(in a soft duffel) back home though because we are flying elsewhere after the cruise before returning home and don't want to check any luggage - will just be taking carry-on. Any idea if there is a US post office, UPS, or Fedex at the Westin or nearby where we could take care of this task?

thanks for any info

This is a great plan for us too - thanks for the suggestion (we cruise in July on the Carnival Spirit). I actually want to ship/mail part of my wardrobe(in a soft duffel) back home though because we are flying elsewhere after the cruise before returning home and don't want to check any luggage - will just be taking carry-on. Any idea if there is a US post office, UPS, or Fedex at the Westin or nearby where we could take care of this task?

thanks for any info

Looks like there is a UPS Store about four blocks away from the Westin:

http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/4884/

and a FedEx about the same distance:

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15246601250/fedex-office-seattle

Archived