Military Discount

It now seems that the Military discount is eligible to receive the Shareholder's benefit.

I just got an email saying they will apply it to my sailing. So....this is the last word I have from X! I am pleased.

Do you give a copy of your DD214 to a travel agent to receive your discount ?

When I used the MIL discounts for Carnival I had to fax it to them for each booking. For my June 2010 Celebrity cruise they told me to bring a copy to the pier for check-in, but no one asked to see it. You should bring it anyway.

I did not have to fax the DD214 form to the TA. She told me to have it handy at check-in at the pier.

I have the form with the seal imprint, as well as a photo copy. Is a photocopy sufficient, or should I bring the seal imprint copy?

It now seems that the Military discount is eligible to receive the Shareholder's benefit.

I just got an email saying they will apply it to my sailing. So....this is the last word I have from X! I am pleased.

Not sure if there ever was a change but there does seem to be a lot of confusion re: the "promotional" rates ie: military, SR., resident. I posed the question to the shareholder benefits folks and just got a reply indicating that the shareholder OBC was combinable with the above mentioned "promotional" fares. Not sure what all the interline fares are but that is the type excluded, along with some other specifically mentioned fare classes, according to item 6 in the explanation of the shareholder benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the info. Just booked today and felt like I got a pretty good rate but it was not a military rate (I did try this route but nothing was available). Sometimes it doesn't matter- I've booked on Carnival once under Military rate and another time got a better deal with a different rate. DH is active duty so I will keep checking it regularly- final payment not due til mid-October!

Archived