Rome tour question- New to Cruise Critic!

Jerseymountaineer

Just joined Cruise Critic and really appreciate all the fabulous information and guidance! We will be in Rome on the Century in late July and were looking to book a tour. Has anyone used Rome Connection? It received several good reviews on Trip Advisor. Also open to other recommendations

Thank you very much!

Just joined Cruise Critic and really appreciate all the fabulous information and guidance! We will be in Rome on the Century in late July and were looking to book a tour. Has anyone used Rome Connection? It received several good reviews on Trip Advisor. Also open to other recommendations

Thank you very much!

Check out Stefano and RomeCabs to see if they offer what you want.

We used them this spring and highly recommend them. You'll find lots of additional comments on this site.

Thank you very much!

Lots of folks on CC use Rome In Limo.

We just got back from Med cruise on NCL Jade and we booked a tour thru www.Romeinlimo.com, we had a small van there were four of us Our tour guide, Marcos, was really good and got us to all the places we wanted to see and couple he took us to on his own. I would highly recommend them. We also used them in Florence when there were 14 of us. Overall a great experience.

We just came back from the NCL Jade cruise to W. Meditteranean. Wow, loved it. The best part of the trip: Using Rome in Limo in both Florence and Rome. Both were spectacular, cannot imagine my trip without them. Since the cruise gives you only a short 11 or 12 hours in a port, the Rome in Limo tour helped us maximize every possible second.

Our guide in Florence was Fabrizzio and in Rome, Vincente ("Vinnie"). Both gentlemen were excellent-- prompt, courteous, knowledgable, funny, informative, and did everything possible to please our group of 8. We were in a comfortable, air conditioned Limo with water and plenty of leg room. Our guides provided tickets to museums, and we never had to wait in line, just got whisked in. At the Vatican, RIL provided our own guide (Katrina) who was excellent and super knowledgable in taking us through to the Sistene Chapel, St. Peters Basilica, etc.

In Florence, while having lunch at a cafe, it started to rain. Our guide brought umbrellas from his limo in to the restaurant for us! I have a bad knee and the guides also did everything possible to drop me off close to all the attractions, then pick me up to minimize walking.

We were taken back to the ship in plenty of time for sail-away, and thrilled to have had such a top notch experience with our short time at two of Italy's premier cities.

And a great benefit: Our drivers knew of all the bathrooms everywhere, so if someone needed to go-- they knew where to send us.

I highly recommend Rome in Limo.. and for all the excellent touring-- it was WAY CHEAPER than the ship's tours. I would much rather be in the comfortable Limo, getting a more personalized tour, than in a ship's tour bus. :)

We just returned from teh W. Med on the Voyager and used All Around Italy.net Fabrizio who is the owner was great in communication and helped us get our Vatican tickets, and arranged for a top notch guide, who despite the huge crowds, gave us a great tour. They also made museum reservations at the Accedemia, which let us right in. Alberto our driver, drove for us in both Rome and Florence, which made for 2 great days. The main bridge in Florence was closed, he got a call from another driver, to get us around despite the bad traffic.

He took us to some great local restauants for lunch and some hidden gems to see that are not in any of the "tourist" books. I would highly recommend them.

Archived