Poesia Music

cmcc74

Can someone tell me the name of the song played as the ship leaves port? We really enjoyed our March 2010 Caribbean cruise, and part of our happy memories is the music playing as we left port. Thanks for your help.

Can someone tell me the name of the song played as the ship leaves port? We really enjoyed our March 2010 Caribbean cruise, and part of our happy memories is the music playing as we left port. Thanks for your help.

I agree the music played when MSC ships leave port adds to the memorable sailaway atmosphere.

I wonder if they play different music for different ports, or always play the same music?

Was it "Barcelona", the theme song of the 1992 Olympics?

"Time to say goodbye", from Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman

Indeed it is and so much nicer sounding in Italian..."Con Te Partiro"

In my experience they don'y play it on all the ships (mores the pity as I love it) but those that do have sailaway music, it is this track.

On Costa ships they play the same "Con te partiro." Beautiful music and fantastic voices. Wonder which of the two lines started this custom first?

On my first atw cruise, cruisers used to throw streamers to people on the wharf and hold them until they broke. My NZ farewell, where they sang Po Atarau, remains the most memorable.

Po Atarau (Now is the Hour) is so beautiful it brings tears to your eyes, as does this beautiful song.

Archived