What Bottled Water Brand is Available?

TugMD

I'm a newbie who will be cruising on Grandeur 7/8/05 and would like to know what "brand" bottled water is available on the ship:confused: ? I take daily medications that make me dry and I need to keep hydrated. I usually just buy the cheapo stuff for home (we have well water that tastes horrible). Also, what brand colas and are they caffeine free:confused: ? Thanks for the response, this board is GREAT:) !

I'm a newbie who will be cruising on Grandeur 7/8/05 and would like to know what "brand" bottled water is available on the ship:confused: ? I take daily medications that make me dry and I need to keep hydrated. I usually just buy the cheapo stuff for home (we have well water that tastes horrible). Also, what brand colas and are they caffeine free:confused: ? Thanks for the response, this board is GREAT:) !

DH has the same problem AND drinks diet Pepsi (only Coke products - no decaffeinated - available on the ship). We pack a 22" roll-on bag with bottled water and 24 oz. bottles of diet Pepsi (and a couple of bottles of wine wrapped in bubble wrap) all in large zip-lock bags. Just check it through and it will arrive with your other luggage. Use the empty bag for purchases on the return trip.

Thanks guys for the response. Yes, we're decaffeinated PEPSI people too. I guess I'll just plan on packing our own and sending it with the rest of the bags at check in. I'm a little skeptical about the ships water...so that will come along too. If not, I'll be the one with the puckered skin and lips:eek: !

The ships water IS very good, but if you still plan on having bottled water buy it and bring it with you from your port. Bottles of water are available, especially for shore excursions and the price is $3.95 plus a 15% gratuity.:eek:

Before boarding the ship stop at agrocery store or even a chain pharmacy and pick up a case of water. Break the case and throw the bottles into your carry-on. RCCL won't stop you from carrying on a case of water, but it's easier to carry that way. Onboard, have your steward empty your room fridge and store your water. Then, when you go off for the day you will have a chilled bottle of water to go with you.

Also, take a thermal cup. Then you can fill it with water and ice from the Windjammer for that long day by the pool.

We had small bottles of water in our refrigerator.I can't remember the brand but it was one I hadn't heard of.They were $2.50 each plus a 15% charge.Also I would bring a collapsible cooler because the refrigerator is not very cold or have ice available.The refrigerator held 6 sodas and 2 bottles of water and there was a very small shelf on top and a small shelf on the door.

I saw a tip in another thread that I plan on trying. I don't particularly like the taste of tap water (no matter how good; it's the clorination I can always taste), but I would rather not have to purchase a ton of bottled water either before or while on the trip. It was suggested that people bring a Brita sport bottle, which has a built-in filter. Theoretically, if you needed a larger amount of water at a time, you could bring a Brita (or other make) pitcher. But for me, traveling alone, packing a filtered sport bottle sounds like a perfect solution. If the tap water is acceptable to most, without filtering, I'm sure I'll be plenty satisfied by just drinking the water after it passes through a filter. Hey, it's cheaper and easier than purchasing or lugging bottled water!

The water on board is fine to drink. We usually bring a couple of bottles on board (we bring them on the plane, now THAT water is pretty awful), and then refill them as we empty them. We chill those in the fridge. They're not icy cold, but they're still refreshing.

A couple of years ago, we were wandering around Vision of the Seas & a guided tour came through. The tour leader was saying, "they say the water is good to drink, but I personally wouldn't do it." I wanted to scream, "Don't listen to him!!!" But we hadn't embarked yet, and I didn't want to be thrown off the ship!:D

Shannon is correct, RCCL used Evian for bottled water and has for years. Never saw another brand in RCCL, but that's not to say it's not there somewhere. Evian is what they will put in your room, small bottles in the fridge, large on your counter. They charge for it, but only $3.50 for the large bottle. They also have bottles iced down on the way off the ship when you are in port.

OK, that's weird. Because I was on the Navigator in Oct and Nov and there was Evian. I know, because I didn't finish one of the large bottles I bought and brought it back in my carry on to drink on the way home. Oh well, guess they changed water right after that. I really like Evian too lol.

Archived