ship choices

palavra

We are considering booking our first cruise to the Western Caribbean. We've found 3 ships with identical itineraries for the dates we want. Two of the ships sail out of Miami and one out of Tampa. We are driving from the Atlanta area. I would love some opinions on the three ships. The Miami choices are the Valor and the Glory. The Tampa ship is the Legend. Which ship would you choose and why?

Valor and Glory both Conquest class, which Iv done and done. Legend is a class there are few of that is different from the other ships, so of course I'd pick Legend to complete my ship experiences.

Wouldnt the Dream out of Port Canaveral be worth looking it since its closer. Less driving might make up for a little higher price.

I too prefer the "Legend". I never feel crowded on the Spirit Class ships, and I find it much easier to get around on. The fact that it sails out of Tampa is another bonus, as that port is, once again in my opinion, much easier to embark/disembark from. It's closer to Atlanta too, and the parking at the port of Tampa is $14 per day, as opposed to the $20 per day charged at the port of Miami. (That's several "drinks of the day" in savings!) :D

"SKY"

I say go with the Legend. I've been on the Glory twice (because I wanted to go Eastern). The ship is so easy to navigate. No decks with a galley in the middle. It has a great crew. Tampa is an easy port to get in and out of. The parking is a covered parking garage right downtown very near Ybor City, the aquarium, the Forum and hotels. I've booked my third cruise from Tampa. This will be the second on the Legend. The other was on her sister ship, the Miracle, which I also love.

Valor and Glory both Conquest class, which Iv done and done. Legend is a class there are few of that is different from the other ships, so of course I'd pick Legend to complete my ship experiences.

Wouldnt the Dream out of Port Canaveral be worth looking it since its closer. Less driving might make up for a little higher price.

Agree with Fire, Legend out of Tampa is less hassle. Like the Dream idea if you want a giant ship. We are partial to the Spirit Class ships.

We are considering booking our first cruise to the Western Caribbean. We've found 3 ships with identical itineraries for the dates we want. Two of the ships sail out of Miami and one out of Tampa. We are driving from the Atlanta area. I would love some opinions on the three ships. The Miami choices are the Valor and the Glory. The Tampa ship is the Legend. Which ship would you choose and why?

Up to this point, The Legend remains our favorite CCL ship. The Valor, for us, is the next to be put to the test and we do hear really great things about her also.

The Dream does have the same itinerary out of Port Canaveral. It would be about the same distance to drive as Tampa. So, which of these ships would you pick-Dream or Legend?

I think the Dream replaces Grand Cayman with Costa Maya:confused:

I would prefer GC because there are a number of things to do and see there. CM is really just visited for the pool,etc at the port.

Hard for us to tell you what's best for you, knowing nothing about you. Dream is huge and brand new. If you're the type that wants a ton of things to choose from, then maybe she is the answer. From what I've read, it tends to feel more crowded, especially on sea days (there are alot more people than the Legend, but not that much more outdoor deck and buffet space).

So far, I prefer the smaller ships, but am sure I will probably try the Dream or Magic at some point:)

Up to this point, The Legend remains our favorite CCL ship. The Valor, for us, is the next to be put to the test and we do hear really great things about her also.

Been on both the Legend and Valor.....hands down the Valor for us. Much prefer Conquest class ships to Spirit Class. Everyone cheers for Spirit class because the galley does not block the deck, but how about those maze like halls on the Spirit class ships that go "in" and "out", makes one dizzy and lost on decks 6 and up? Would prefer the long straight halls on Valor to the Legend any day!

Been on both the Legend and Glory -

I would chose the Legend. If you can get past all those urns, you'll be OK!!! :D

I am one of those that didn't like the "can't get there from here" feature of the Glory. I found the Legend much easier to find my way.

Tampa is my favorite port to cruise from - going under the skyway bridge is amazing, plus the port itself is easy to deal with.

I've been on the Glory three times and the Legend once. My favorite is the Legend - I loved everything about it. I'm also in Atlanta and the drive to Tampa isn't bad; I wouldn't be able to stomach a drive to Miami.

I haven't been on the Dream, but I think the Legend would be better for a first-timer. The Dream is a large size ship; the Legend is average size and would give you a better feel of what a typical ship is like.

Archived