Dawn: embarkation day lunch

kruzkid

One of the main dining rooms should be open for lunch. While hundreds of passengers dutifully followed directions to the buffet on our Dawn cruise to Bermuda we enjoyed a serene all-you-can-eat and be served lunch in the main dining room. Lovely way to start your vacation!

If you're in a suite, Cagneys will be open for lunch, too.

That's where I'll be!!!:D

I'll tell them you're getting on next week!;) Hope to see you on the pier as I pass control of the ship over to you!!!:rolleyes:

Sea Hound:D

Well, at least at one point it was a toss-up. Our first Dawn cruise ('08), we heard on CC boards that even though they point you toward the buffet, that the Venetian (sssshhh) was open for that first lunch. So. We confidently went there after boarding and they said no, we're not open. We were, like, Oh come on ;), we know (wink wink), when will you open for lunch? And the fellow in the white uniform said, Sorry, but NO, we are closed - really! When he started getting unhappy with us we slunk away :( and went to the buffet. But last year when we boarded, they still pointed you to the buffet, but Venetian was open. Go figure.

On our May 2 cruise on the Dawn, indeed the Venetian was open for lunch. The lunch menu is now the same every day. Some of the lunch choices are (ones that I can remember)

Fish and chips

Cobb salad (my favorite)

Philly Steak Sandwich

Club Sandwich

Some kind of small steak

Cheeseburger

corn and potato soup

roasted red pepper dip (truly looked like baby poop) but tasted ok

Can anyone rember any more of the choices??

Well, at least at one point it was a toss-up. Our first Dawn cruise ('08), we heard on CC boards that even though they point you toward the buffet, that the Venetian (sssshhh) was open for that first lunch. So. We confidently went there after boarding and they said no, we're not open. We were, like, Oh come on ;), we know (wink wink), when will you open for lunch? And the fellow in the white uniform said, Sorry, but NO, we are closed - really! When he started getting unhappy with us we slunk away :( and went to the buffet. But last year when we boarded, they still pointed you to the buffet, but Venetian was open. Go figure.

Sometimes if there is a large wedding on board, they'll use the Venetian for the reception. That may have been the case in 08. We walked in on one once before. I just can't remember what year.

I always eat first lunch in the MDR..I never thought to check, is the Blue Lagoon open for lunch on embarkation day ?

In 2007 the nfl playoffs were on during embarkation so we went and got wings at the blue lagoon and ate them while we watched

In 2007 the nfl playoffs were on during embarkation so we went and got wings at the blue lagoon and ate them while we watched

Sound like a great alternative to the crowds at the buffet on embarkation day. FWI, when I was on the Gem this Winter BL offered a nice breakfast menu. Crowds were minimal.

Archived