Help Needed! Trying to Catch a Price Drop! Movement on Aft Balconies?

There's a price drop on our sailing in August and I'm hoping to switch to balcony cabins for not much more money than our interiors. We're on the Liberty of the Seas and this is our first cruise--DH, myself, and 2 teen DDs.

Being nervous about movement, we have 2 interior midship cabins booked. But, I read sooo much about how wonderful aft balcony cabins are. Have any of you had problems with seasickness on aft cabins? On the higher decks (Six, Seven, Eight), is there much difference in movement between midship and aft balconies? I am planning to bring Bonine and ginger.

If you think we should go for the Aft balconies, specific recommendations would be welcomed. We need 2, and connecting would be great.

Any suggestions on what I should do if I can't reach my TA this morning? Next time, I will definitely book on my own as I've learned SO MUCH from these boards.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This is just my personal preference but I would much prefer a hump balcony. The location is more mid-ship, so less movement and they are very convenient to elevators & most everything we wanted to do.

We have only had one aft balcony.....and while a lot of people love them, we did not. It was on Princess and because the seas were rough the whole time we felt a LOT of movement.

I know this is not the case for a lot of people but for us we will not book another aft......

If you are concerned about movement and seasickness, I would choose a hump cabin over an aft. Hump cabins are midship, where the deck plans shows a bowing out. We've cruised over 70 times, and the only time I experienced a queasy feeling was in an aft cabin on deck 10 Mariner in the Caribbean. We've crossed the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans in bad weather and rough seas, and never experienced any seasickeness. I think it was more the vibration from the aft that bothered me and made me queasy. However, lots of people love the aft cabins, so I know we are in the minority. Another thing that you need to be aware of.......if you forget something and have to go back to your cabin, it's a long walk to those aft cabins.

Hope this helps.

Archived