aft cabin info on Noordam

bonnieg

Hi. This is my first time on the Holland America board. I am an aft lover and interested in booking the Noordam "Romance in the Mediterranean" for July '11. Are there any VA aft cabins that people might recommend over others? I'm looking for differences in balcony size, cabin size, covered, uncovered, best deck, etc. Thank you.

We were upgraded from a reg. balcony to 4178 on our Dec. cruise. We never had an aft cabin before and I think this is the cheapest. I really loved sitting out there and we enjoyed breakfast on the balcony. This cabin is smaller than others aft. It has less closet space and a little smaller balcony. Not much passenger traffic down there. My husband was bothered by vibrations at night. This was in the Caribbean. I did get sprayed on when the room steward on the cabin above brushed water off the balcony. They usually do this cleaning very early in morning. I loved the room next door which has a suite that has a balcony aft and port. $$$$ tho. Noordam is our favorite Vista class ship. Great captains. Amsterdam our favorite smaller ship. Enjoy.

On the Noordam I'd say that all the stern VAs are pretty much the same because it never got the retro-fit that the other 3 Vistas got. Down low (deck 4) you're more likely to get vibrations, up high on deck 8 you get a better view but might get some noise from the pool area above - especially early in the morning, for cleaning.

Archived